Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Doing ok!

Doing ok! 02 Feb 2006 23:08 #3275

• dalgal
  • dalgal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
So since my 'a-ha' moment of discovering I'd been starting the diet on the wrong day I've been doing well! I am almost remembering to take my vitamins. And I am right in my luteal phase and feel FINE! No swelling, no bloating, less irritability, no crying(!!!!), and I only had a little lapse in concentration yesterday other than that nothing symptom wise at all!

I have started taking the dogs for afternoon walks (around lunch) and I think the increase vit D from that has helped (california sunshine!). I bought a pill box with the days, and am/pm on it to help me with the vitamins.

Also got the first of 3 vegan cookbooks arrive today :) I'm not strictly vegan more vegetarian but most the things I've been eating lately are vegan as are my favorite restaurants. Looking forward to some cooking sessions! And learning to cook all my favorite dishes!

Di

Doing ok! 03 Feb 2006 04:26 #3276

• dalgal
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Sounds like Your On a Roll Di,

Oh that California Sunshine 8) you lucky girl. I'm so happy you're doing better. It really sounds like your into it.

Vegans are the strictest of all vegetarians as you know. Many people have no idea about the differences between vegetarians. When you do go strictly vegan make sure you don't miss your B12 which is included in your daily multi. Sounds like you've got everything under control.

I love your idea of putting your vitamins in boxes for the morning and afternoon. Walking the dogs is great exercise, that's what I do too if the weather cooperates. What kind of dogs do you have?

Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress and keep posting. :D

Doing ok! 04 Feb 2006 06:41 #3277

• dalgal
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
We have 2 dalmatians :) they keep me active for sure! The weather here is hotting up too! It was in the upper 70's today, maybe even 80's!

Didn't do so well today! Went to the post office to find ours is no longer stocking priority mail boxes and well that sent me into a major funk all day. I didn't cry though (did I mention this is my last few days on the luteal phase! lol), but I just lost all concentration. I did notice too that my back (I get sciatica) twinged on walks and now I'm wondering whether this is often down to stress and tension from pms :?: had nothing earlier, and then bam. I gave in during the afternoon and just surfed the internet and generally wallowed. Feeling much better strangely now that I just let it run its course. But that's the only time I've felt down the whole month! One afternoon a month? piece of cake!

Di

Doing ok! 04 Feb 2006 15:27 #3278

• dalgal
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Di,

Hang in there, you are showing major success if it's only one afternoon and you came back out of it. Next cycle it may only be an hour or two.

Stress is absolutely a factor, reaction to it especially. During stressful situations it may help you to be thinking about how it's going to affect you physically. The stress hormones are going to start surging, so you need to breath deeply and try to think positive thoughts as fast as you can --in order to pull yourself out of it. Positive self talk, or doing what you did to distraction yourself, like surfing on the internet works too.

I've never done cognitive therapy, but I've known women who have and it seems to break that downward spiral. There are books on the subject. I'll see if I can get someone to recommend one they've read.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds