Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you have a question about The Cycle Diet, post them here. Registered users only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cycle length changed

Cycle length changed 17 Feb 2006 04:40 #3288

• Blue
  • Blue's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a question. Can the cycle diet change cycle length? I have been charting for three months. The first month my period arrived at Day 21, the second month my period arrived at Day 22, and now the third month my period arrived at Day 27. I had plenty of great days this month, but the last 5 days have been horrid. PMS to be sure, but I wasn't expecting it. What do you think will happen next month? I have also gained 6 pounds.

Cycle length changed 17 Feb 2006 14:46 #3289

• Blue
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Dawn,

The fact that your cycle has lengthened is really Great News! The chances are that you are ovulating again, something you can watch or test for in your next cycle on days 12-14. You probably didn't even realize that you were suffering from short luteal phase defect. Do you know what to look for when you're ovulating?

Giving yourself better nutrition is what your body needed to produce a healthy egg. If you did ovulate, you'll produce more progesterone, which may be something your body may need to get used to again. This may be the reason you had symptoms for 5 days prior to your period.
Can you describe your symptoms?

Higher progesterone may cause some anxiety if you're not used to it.

I'm sorry to hear you gained 6 pounds, maybe I need to send you the weight loss plan.

I have to say I'm very happy for you, even if you had 5 bad days, you're certainly on the right track. Next cycle should be better once you're body becomes used to ovulating again.

Does this make sense to you?

Cycle length changed 17 Feb 2006 15:57 #3290

• Blue
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Dawn,

Check out this link for signs to look for during ovulation.

www.cyclediet.com/PMS_PMDD_forum/viewtopic.php?t=307

Cycle length changed 18 Feb 2006 05:25 #3291

• Blue
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Day 1-3 Menstrual cramps, bloating, fatigue, night sweats, irritated, craved sweets.
Day 4-8 fatigued
Day 9-15 great days
Day 16-18 craved sweets
Day 19-21 bloating, gas, cravings, good mood
Day 22-26 irritable, rage, bloating, breast pain, craving, low motivation, fatigue
Day 1 and today(day two) fatigue, irritable, headache, menstrual cramps

I wonder if I am ovulating again or if I am just irregular? I tried taking my temperature, but it never varied more than 96.0 to 97.7 It mostly was in the middle. I also wonder if I messed myself up with all of the craving, because I did not stick to the plan when I was craving and the ensuing days weren't so good.
Overall though there were far more good days than bad 18/26 - a definite improvement. :wink:

Cycle length changed 18 Feb 2006 14:39 #3292

• Blue
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Dawn,

Thanks for listing your symptoms, I see that you are serious about charting your symptoms.

Everyone is a little different when it comes to changes in basal temperature so even a 1.7 degree change is significant. I guess, you were aware that you didn't ovulate on a regular basis. I'm sorry if this was something you shared before. :?

Even if you fall off of the diet plan, you can create your own healthy plan from the foods listed from food lists. I'm glad you're trying to stick with the plan, but it really depends on what foods you are eating when you fall off during the cravings. The trick is trying to satisfy your cravings with healthy foods.

If you can try to stay with complex carbohydrates during the time of high cravings you will find you will have better results. I know this can be hard when you're confronted with sweets and holidays like the one that just passed. Do you like the low fat microwave popcorn? or the oatmeal cookies? Could you satisfy your sweet cravings with a few chocolate chips? Is there a recipe you can redo with a sugar substitute?

The problem with eating large amounts of sweets is you put yourself back on that roller-coaster of increased insulin and sudden fall in blood sugar and increased cravings to bring your blood sugar back up.

You will increase your good days if you can avoid doing this. Eating large amounts of sweets will increase the fatigue and night sweats. Eating bad fats increase breast pain and cramps. Even if you fall off the diet, you still need to continue with the vitamins, minerals and fish or flax oil. They play an important role. Refined sugars use many of the same minerals needed for hormone flucturations too.

I'm curious, what exactly were you eating on days 19-21 to cause the gas?

Cycle length changed 18 Feb 2006 16:22 #3293

• Blue
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I don't know, but that reminds me, I will chart my food too.
Thanks for the support.
Dawn

Cycle length changed 27 Feb 2006 21:42 #3294

• Blue
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Blue,

I apologize if you're wondering what happened to the rest of your thread--I split this thread and moved it into the general discussion forum just in case you were looking for it. :D

Keep up the intriguing discussion it makes for a more interesting and friendly board.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds