Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Contains the Cycle Diet Favorite Products List. Registered members only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Food Questions

Food Questions 30 Jan 2006 21:56 #8953

• kellym
  • kellym's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Debra

I have a couple questions. I hope I haven't missed them anywhere. First, are peanuts and natural peanut butter ok? My PB has nothing added!! How about honey? Second, Is the reason you say to limit cheese and dairy foods because of the added hormones and antibiotics? If so is organic, non BGO dairy ok? I forgot to mention that I'm semi-vegetarian. I eat cheese, some eggs, and fish for the fatty acids. I am on a mission to eliminate ALL added hormones and antibiotics from my diet. (also trans-fats etc)

Thanks for your help.

Kelly

Food Questions 15 Mar 2007 17:22 #8954

• kellym
  • kellym's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Kelly,

Great question-Yes, natural peanut butter is recommended over the commercial brands like Jiff or Skippy that add hydrogenated fats (worse than trans-fats) to stabilize it for the grocery and pantry shelf. You'll notice you have to stir the natural PB because it separates easily. Be sure and read all labels and avoid all hydrogenated oils and fats. Natural Peanut butter will need to be refrigerated after you open it because it doesn't contain the hydrogenated oils or preservatives that are mixed in non-natural brands. You might also notice there's very little sugar added as well, so if you do have a sweet tooth adding a little honey or Splenda might help make the transition to natural peanut butter.

Organic skim or 1% milk is preferred over regular because of added growth hormones and antibiotic residue found in non-organic milk. Most full fat and even some reduced fat cheeses are high in saturated fat, unless from skim (which should be organic again).

Kelly, as long as you're not lactose sensitive or intolerant - dairy in limited amounts is OK. One of the larger reasons dairy is limited is because of the new research regarding galactose and ovary irritation. A little is fine. some people are also sensitive to casine, the protein in dairy. As long as you don't have problems with diarrhea or IBS, you should be fine.

Semi-vegetarianism is also fine, but make sure you're taking a B complex and or a daily multi-vitamin. I also recommend calcium and higher levels of vitamin D, especially right now.

Have you ever considered having your vitamin D levels tested? Next time you talk with your doctor, please ask for a 25-hydroxyvitamin D test.

Be sure and read through the research forum about Vitamin D for more information.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds