Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Contains the Cycle Diet Favorite Products List. Registered members only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fresh Produce, What to Buy To keep spoilage down

Fresh Produce, What to Buy To keep spoilage down 15 Jul 2008 12:28 #8965

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
Being pregnant and on a stricter budget, I have been a fiend lately about produce, mostly fruit.  Here is what I have been doing:

*I check the major grocery ads online weekly, so I'm able to buy what's on sale at each given store, and limit myself to those fruits

*as I've been working less, I'm able to go to the store more than once a week, so I buy in smaller quantities.

*we do compost for our little garden (main rule: NO meats, no dairy, no prepared foods).  This helps me feel better when something does go bad.

*I know they're a splurge, but I swear by the Tupperware FridgeSmart containers.  I recently bought some lettuce that was on clearance in the store as it was already almost spoiling.  I put it in a fridgesmart container, and 1 week later lettuce was still good.  They *really* DO keep produce fresher.  They do have sales on them, too - recently 50% off!!  A worthwhile investment, as there is a lifetime replacement guarantee. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

One woman's nutrient is another woman's antigen
Listen to your body, it's talking to you

Fresh Produce, What to Buy To keep spoilage down 15 Jul 2008 13:12 #8966

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
Hey Thanks Laura,

Those are some really good tips! I too love Tupperware!

I don't remember posting about the latest gadget my husband brought home for me but....has anyone tried the Reynolds Handi-Vac?

I can't wait to try it out, it came with 3 quart bags with little holes that you use the as a vacuum sealer.

Here's what they're saying about it on Amazon . Looks like some people really love it while others don't....not much in between :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

One woman's nutrient is another woman's antigen
Listen to your body, it's talking to you
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds