Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Contains the Cycle Diet Favorite Products List. Registered members only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Seltzer

Seltzer 20 Nov 2008 22:27 #8974

• Turtle
  • Turtle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
The Festive season is upon us and with each party invite, especially the ones hosted at pubs, I am at a loss what to drink. My go-to beverage in these situations was seltzer with lemon or lime. But the luteal phase foods say: Avoid carbonated beverages.

Unflavored seltzer, sparkling cider (nonalcoholic), sugar sweetened sodas (no high fructose corn syrup) - how *evil* are these?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Seltzer 20 Nov 2008 23:43 #8975

• Turtle
  • Turtle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Turtle,

Yeah, it's the holiday season again :) and those of you who are trying to stick to the diet need a bit more motivation than normal....so yes Seltzer is a much better selection than say a beer or glass of wine ;) or even hard liquor. Those of you who are newly gluten-free need to be very, very careful due to the improved intestinal absorption, alcohol will be faster to the system and you'll notice the difference in just one drink...be warned. :)

So be careful this holiday season, drink diet soda if you must with a water chaser, drink juices with a twist, drink mineral water too (this would be a very good choice) due to the calcium/magnesium content. Flavored waters are also okay. There are even some vitamin and mineral added sodas and waters. Coke plus*....just saying in case of an emergency and holiday good cheer.

Good question. Hope you're doing well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds