Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Contains the Cycle Diet Favorite Products List. Registered members only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Agave Nectar

Agave Nectar 27 Mar 2009 17:00 #8985

• lzalvis
  • lzalvis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
So, is Agave Nectar OK to use as a sweetener?  I recently discovered it, and have started to use it as an alternative to sugar or splenda, wherever possible. 

Agave Nectar 28 Mar 2009 19:28 #8986

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
recent updates on agave nectur has caused me to change my recommendations about it.......

Agave Nectar 29 Mar 2009 00:37 #8987

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Great, cause I love this stuff  :D  It was the perfect sweetener for my soy smoothie shakes, Greek yogurt, etc. 

Agave Nectar 05 Mar 2011 00:49 #8988

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I came across this link recently, and wanted to ask what you thought about it:

http://www.thehealthycookingcoach.com/2010/01/another-look-at-agave-nectar.html

at the moment, it's my preferred sweetener for drinking and baking, although I don't consume large quantities of it.

Agave Nectar 05 Mar 2011 13:07 #8989

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I've had some recent changes in my mindset about Agave Nectar. It appears that the high fructose in agave is just as bad for you as HFCS. There have also been reports of adulteration in order to fulfill the demand. It's low glycemic only because the fructose goes through the liver to break it down so there's a smaller insulin spike to take care of the smaller glucose load. However, anyone with diabetes or pre-diabetes will still suffer in the long run with other problems.  A little is okay but I wouldn't use it for everything. If you want a sweetener that is low glycemic try stevia or one of the RebA products. Stevia has been around for a long time. The only worry I have about the new RebA products is the filler that is used with it. It should be fine for a normally healthy person but we don't know how someone with a leaky gut may be affected...if it causes diarrhea or any other problems. I do like it but if you can get by without sweetened foods you may be better off. 
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds