TOPIC: Chicken Fajitas

Chicken Fajitas 15 Apr 2018 18:50 #11130

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
This is a fast recipe, and so simple anyone can cook this, to make GF just substitute corn or brown rice tortillas for the flour tortillas. This recipe is naturally low in histamine if eaten fresh. Avoid leftovers by halving the recipe. Cook chicken semi-frozen to avoid histamine from developing. Low carb coconut flour tortillas are also available to keep this lower carb.

Easy Chicken fajitas Adjusted oils for low histamine

2 tablespoons coconut, safflower or organic canola oil
3 boneless chicken breast halves, cut in strips
1 medium sweet Vidalia onion, cut in wedges
2 cloves garlic
1 sweet red bell pepper, seeded and cut in strips
1 green bell pepper, seeded/cut in strips
8 tortillas, GF rice, or organic corn tortillas warmed
1 bunch green onions, trimmed, sliced

Heat the oil in a heavy skillet; cook the chicken strips over high heat, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes, add the onion, garlic and bell peppers to the oil in the pan and saute over high heat for for 4 minutes, or until the vegetables have begun to have a softened look around the edges.

Serve right away, with warm tortillas, sliced green onions. Serve with hot cooked rice and re-fried beans, if desired.

Serves 4.

Chicken Fajitas 15 Apr 2018 19:10 #11131

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
I have heard good things about The Real Coconut tortillas from a Gluten-free/Dairy-free client. I have not yet personally tried them myself but plan to soon. You can read more about these low carb, GF/DF soft coconut flour tortillas at their website here: www.therealcoconut.com/

Coconut would also be considered low histamine.

Caution: There is xantham gum as an ingredient in these tortillas, so may not be appropriate for those starting out trying to get histamine under control.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds