Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Fresh new ideas while on the Cycle Diet. Gluten Free recipes and substitution suggestions are indicated. Open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question on Spinach/tofu lasagna recipe in Workbook

Question on Spinach/tofu lasagna recipe in Workbook 15 Oct 2005 18:22 #4282

• triME
  • triME's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Debra,
So far I am enjoying the food /recipes in the book. However, the recipe for the spinach/tofu lasagna, i went to two different health food stores and could not find the sausage style soy crumbles. I had not choice but to use regular crumbles. I used my best judgment.
What should I do in the future when I can not find an ingredient?

P.S. the lasagna came out awesome. The taste and texture where delicious.

Tonight's dinner in the luteal phase has mushrooms. I don't like mushrooms, so what can I substitute it with?

Dawn

Question on Spinach/tofu lasagna recipe in Workbook 15 Oct 2005 19:08 #4283

• triME
  • triME's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Dawn,

It's so great that you just went ahead and made do with what you could find. I would suggest that the next time you're in your grocery store or health food store --ask if they would order the sausage style soy crumbles by MorningStar Farms (they are really good) But you can use just the regular hamburger style crumbles where ever I suggest the sausage style too.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe, I actually haven't made it in a while, but I think I will again soon.

Lots of people don't like mushrooms, you can always substitute other vegetables or tofu or the soy crumbles. Or you can skip the recipe for tonight and use something else set up for dinner.

Just so you know, variety is the spice of life, but not if you don't like it. Feel free to adjust whatever recipe in the book to accommodate your taste buds, but stay with the basic plan and phase recommendations.

:D
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds