Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Fresh new ideas while on the Cycle Diet. Gluten Free recipes and substitution suggestions are indicated. Open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tilapia with Sweet Peppers (GF noted)

Tilapia with Sweet Peppers (GF noted) 23 May 2006 17:25 #4320

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
A couple recipes from [i:2f9d8a614c]The New American Plate:[/i:2f9d8a614c] I hope you try these, let me know if you try them

[b:2f9d8a614c]Tilapia with Sweet Peppers [/b:2f9d8a614c]
Delicate slivers of bright yellow, red and green peppers bring an air of sophistication to this simple-to-prepare dish. If you don't like or can't find tilapia, this recipe works well with any kind of white fish.

1 tbs olive oil
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and julienned
1 green bell pepper, seeded and julienned
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (14.5 oz) "no salt added" whole tomatoes in juice, chopped and juice reserved
1 tbs GF Worcestershire sauce or GF Soy sauce
1 tbs balsamic or red wine vinegar
3/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
4 four-oz tilapia fillets or other white fish fillets, such as haddock or cod

-In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add the onion, peppers, and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent.
-Add the chopped tomatoes, reserved tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, basil, salt, and cayenne and bring to a boil.
-Add the fillets, spooning the tomato mixture over the fish. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, until the fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve immediately.

Per serving: 161 calories, 5g total fat (less than 1g Sat), 12g carb, 19g pro., 3g dietary fiber, 271mg sodium.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds