Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Fresh new ideas while on the Cycle Diet. Gluten Free recipes and substitution suggestions are indicated. Open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Cycle Diet Green Power Smoothie (GF)

The Cycle Diet Green Power Smoothie (GF) 31 May 2006 18:57 #4327

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
~
I have a client who wanted a breakfast drink slash meal replacement with the benefits of "all" active isoflavones of soy protein in something she could take with her on the run, so I put together the following recipe. Yes I know it sounds bad but you have to taste it to believe it, it's really very good if I don't say so myself. Want to know more about the powers of isoflavones? See the link after the recipe.

Note: Isolated soy proteins do not give the same benefits as whole soy which contain all the components of soy.

The Cycle Diet Green Power Smoothie

1 cup Cooked till soft Edamame (shelled organic soy)
1 Small Banana
3 oz Vanilla Soy Milk
The Juice from 1 lime
2 oz LF or FF Vanilla yogurt
3 to 4 small chunks (approx 3 Tbs.) Fresh or Canned Pineapple
3-4 ice cubes

Optional:
1 Tbs Ground Flaxseed meal
1 Tbs Splenda for added sweetness

Instructions:

In sauce pan cook frozen edamame on high until soft-- about 10 minutes. Rinse with very cold water to stop cooking and to cool down. In a blender or food processor add edamame and blend or process until looks like green mash. Add banana, soy milk, lime juice, vanilla yogurt, pineapple and ice. Blend until smooth. Pour in large glass. Makes 1 large 16oz serving or approx. 2, 7-8oz servings

Total values for the whole drink:

Calories: 300, Pro: 20g, total fat: 9g, Sat. 1.8g, Poly-unsat. 4.5g, Mono-unsat. 2g, Carbs: 42g, Sugar 29g, fiber 7.6g, calcium 353mg.,

B2 40%, B6 45%, Niacin 39%, Iron 54%, Potassium 45%, Magnesium 34%

Want more info on isoflavones see the following link:

http://www.isoflavones.info/
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds