Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Fresh new ideas while on the Cycle Diet. Gluten Free recipes and substitution suggestions are indicated. Open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Blueberry goodness (GF)

Blueberry goodness (GF) 12 Sep 2006 12:45 #4340

• lzalvis
  • lzalvis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Earlier this summer, I picked and bought a TON of blueberries so I froze them for use later. well, I just unthawed a bag thinking I would eat them raw; and much to my dismay, they were mushy and gross.

So I found this simple cooked blueberry recipe that is totally delicious and makes use of all those frozen blueberries (and lasts awhile, too). It's also good with yogurt or the rice pudding recipe

2 cups blueberries
1 Tbl. cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1 tea. lemon juice
1/4 c. sugar or splenda
1/8 tea. cinnamon

Combine cornstarch with a little bit of the water and set aside. Combine blueberries with the rest of the water in a saucepan and heat until warm. Add the cornstarch mixture, sugar and cinnamon to the berry mixture. Cook until thickened then stir in the lemon juice.

YUM. It disappears quickly :D

Blueberry goodness (GF) 12 Sep 2006 14:09 #4341

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
WOW, what a great recipe for blueberries. Thank you so much for posting it so others can give it a try.

Oh by the way- it's gluten free as long as you don't make a wheat flour crust with it.

Blueberry goodness (GF) 16 Sep 2006 19:23 #4342

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Darn it!!

I wish now that I had bought and froze blueberries while they were in season. I cringe at $3.00 + for what looks like half a pint plastic container. :roll:

I love blueberries, I'll have to look at the frozen section and see what they're priced at now compared to fresh.

My understand is that [color=red:4a75a6bfaa]pomegranates[/color:4a75a6bfaa] contain more antioxidants than [color=darkblue:4a75a6bfaa]blueberriesis [/color:4a75a6bfaa]this true?

Blueberry goodness (GF) 27 May 2008 09:18 #4343

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
bump for summer
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds