Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Fresh new ideas while on the Cycle Diet. Gluten Free recipes and substitution suggestions are indicated. Open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Granola Bars

Granola Bars 29 Jul 2007 20:44 #4479

• lzalvis
  • lzalvis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have long been searching for a satisfying GF granola bar, trail mix, etc. recipe for on-the-go snacks, and I think I've found it.  It's easy, yummy and versatile.  In fact, I think Debra would be proud of my addition of ground roasted flax seed to this recipe :)  This recipe actually comes with the oats from Cream Hill Estates. 

1 1/2 cups GF rolled oats (I buy from http://www.creamhillestates.com )

1 1/2 cups raisins

2 cups sunflower seeds

1/3 cup sesame seeds

3/4 cup peanuts or soy nuts

1/2 cup dried fruit (I used cranberries)

1/2 tsp salt

2 cups desiccated coconuts (here's where I strayed, because I don't like coconut.  To make up the 2 cups, I added the flax seed and some extra of the other ingredients).

1 cup honey

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter

Mix all dry ingredients together.  In separate bowl, mix the last 3 ingredients, then pour over the dry ingredients.  Line a jelly-roll pan with greased parchment paper.  Pat mixture firmly into pan with greased hands (I jsut sprayed my hands with cooking spray).  BAke at 275 about 50-60 minutes.  Remove from oven and pat firmly again to ensure the bars hold together. 

Granola Bars 29 Jul 2007 21:49 #4480

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hey Laura, glad to see you're still plugging away with the oat recipes and thanks for this new one.

Oh boy, this recipe looks excellent.....:D I've got to try it as soon as possible.

What the heck is desiccated coconuts:shock:? This is a new one for me, but I'm not a huge coconut fan either.

I have to look into that one.

Okay here's a description just in case that desiccated coconut throws anyone off:

Desiccated Coconut -

Desiccated Coconut  is produced from  matured coconuts and the white coconut meat is granulated into the various desired sizes and is available as Macaroons, Medium, Flakes, Fancy Shreds, or Chips.  It also comes either as  Sweetened,  Toasted, or as  Sweetened Toasted.

Granola Bars 07 Aug 2007 20:48 #4481

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hey Laura,

Check out the latest from the Gluten Free Goddess: Oatmeal cookies (VEGAN)

I love the Gluten-free Goddess blog.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds