Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Fresh new ideas while on the Cycle Diet. Gluten Free recipes and substitution suggestions are indicated. Open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pork & Pear Stir-Fry

Pork & Pear Stir-Fry 07 Oct 2007 23:55 #4499

• lzalvis
  • lzalvis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
OK, I know this is pork, but when trimmed well and eaten during the follicular phase, it's my occasional 'splurge' recipe.  When I need a break from all that chicken :)  I am normally very critical of my new recipes.  But I took ONE bite of this and declared, "YUM!!". 

1/2 c. plum preserves (natural)

3 Tablespoons soy sauce

2 Tablespoons lemon juice

1 Tablespoon horseradish

2 teaspoons cornstarch

1 teaspoon ginger root

1 TAblespoon oil

1 pear, large chunks

2 pieces pork loin, 1" thickness, trimmed and cubed

1 can water chestnuts

broccoli & sugar snap peas (as much as you like)

sliced almonds

In a bowl, combine first 6 ingredients.  In hot skillet, stir-fry pears for a couple minutes, then remove.  Add pork and stir-fry until browned and cooked.  While doing this, steam the broccoli & peas.  When pork is done, add everything back into the pan - sauce, veggies, pears.  Boil, cool for 2 minutes.  Sprinkle with nuts. Serve over brown rice.

**Cook's notes:  I made the sauce on the weekend as part of my weekly food prep.  It made putting the dinner together a piece of cake!  By sauteeing the pears first, the sugars left in the pan give a great carmelization to the pork pieces.  The above amounts is exactly what I used.    By jacking up the veggies in the recipe,  this fed 2 of us for 3 meals!  And while I was tempted to use more than 1 pear, turned out that 1 pear gave just the right amount of sweet fruityness.  Enjoy!!

Pork & Pear Stir-Fry 08 Oct 2007 15:17 #4500

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
PORK :shock:, okay no problem...the leaner cuts of pork loin are just fine and a great source of iron, and other nutirents.

Pork & Pear Stir-Fry 08 Oct 2007 23:19 #4501

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
yes, I know, pork....but I had double checked your Foods list, and it does say that lean loin in small amounts is OK in the follicular phase. 

And as of tonight, that exact recipe I posted fed us for *7* meals, not 6.  So those 2 pork loin chops divided up over 7 meals.....not that much pork per meal.  With lots of veggies :)

Pork & Pear Stir-Fry 09 Oct 2007 00:33 #4502

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
:D:D:D

I was in such a hurry when I read through this recipe the first time at the airport, I skimmed over the sauteed pears Ohhhh....ummmm...that sound fabulous, but did you use greenish or more ripe pears, and what type of pear did you use? Just wondering, I love pears and Bartlett's are now in season.

I'm going to have to try making the sauce ahead of time as well. Laura, this recipe sounds so great it's on my list for tomorrow.

Thanks again for sharing!

Pork & Pear Stir-Fry 09 Oct 2007 23:25 #4503

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Yes, I used Bartlett pears that were somewhat hard, so they didn't get too mushy when cooked.

And I was just thinking of something - since it doesn't use much pork per serving, next time I would add edamame to up the protein factor.....now I want to make it again  :):) 

Oh, and my husband loved it SO much he ate it 4 meals in a row!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds