Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Fresh new ideas while on the Cycle Diet. Gluten Free recipes and substitution suggestions are indicated. Open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Split Pea Soup

Split Pea Soup 24 Jan 2008 22:54 #4541

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
I was told to register on Stumbleupon, a new cool search engine of websites you'd never see on Google. You plug in your interests and hit stumble and the most interesting websites come up. I will put more information about Stumble upon in another post because this post is about Split PEA SOUP!!:D

So I have a recipe...on the website and in the workbook, but I don't have any great pictures of this and stumbled upon a cool food blog with a very similar recipe and beautiful pictures.

Here's the Cycle Diet Recipe and a link to the other recipe from the Vintage Mixer

Split Pea Soup (GF)

1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chopped carrots
1 quart low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
1 cup dried split peas
2 1/2 cups water 1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco brand Chipotle sauce (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot, saute onion, brown rice, celery, garlic, and carrots in olive oil for 5-6 minutes.
Add low sodium chicken or vegetable broth, water and spices bring to a boil for 5 mins and turn heat to low- Cover. Simmer for 40 minutes.
Note: If you would like creamier soup, puree soup in a food processor or blender. Add additional broth to bring the soup to the consistency you desire.

Makes 6 -1 cup servings

Calories: 276, Total Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 600mg, Total Carbs: 49g, Dietary Fiber: 11g, Protein: 15g

This beautiful photo is from the Vintage Mixer
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds