Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Fresh new ideas while on the Cycle Diet. Gluten Free recipes and substitution suggestions are indicated. Open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Vegan Pumpkin Choc. Chip Muffins GF

Vegan Pumpkin Choc. Chip Muffins GF 28 Mar 2008 12:44 #4553

• solstice
  • solstice's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I know I cant!  I made these for my kids last night.  :)

1 c. canned pumpkin

1/3c. water

1/3 c canola oil (or safflower or sunflower)

2 Tblsp. ground flax seed

1 tsp. GF vanilla

2/3 c. rice flour (I use brown rice flour)

2/3 c. amaranth or quinoa flour or millet flour

1/3 c. tapioca starch (or pick another flour instead of the starch...teff?)

2/3c. maple or date sugar **original recipe I adapted this from says 1 1/3c. sugar, but my kids are fine with only this smaller amount

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp. nutmeg

1/3 c. vegan choc. chips or carob chips (I use Enjoy Life Brand GF ones---yum!)

======
CInnamon Sugar TOpping.

Mix 3/4 c. sugar with 2 Tblsp. cinnamon...sprinkle on top of muffins PRIOR to baking!

(I usually dont even put the topping on to save myself from more sugar!)

======
Preheat oven to 350.  Line 12 muffin tins and set aside.

In blender combine pumpkin, water, oil, flax seed, vanilla and tapioca starch.  Process for about 1 min.  In separate bowl combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Add pumpkin mixture to dry mix and stir to combine.  Fold in choc. chips/carob chips.  Bake ~25 min...until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Vegan Pumpkin Choc. Chip Muffins GF 28 Mar 2008 13:48 #4554

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Solstice,

Thanks for the very yummy looking GF recipe. These actually look very good anytime really. Unless you're fighting off a yeast infection or limiting refined carbs. But one with tea or milk should be fine. It might be tough to stay away from them if you're having a carb craving.

You're such a good mommy for making these for your kids and understanding you've got to avoid the refined carbs.....but hopefully not forever.

Vegan Pumpkin Choc. Chip Muffins GF 28 Mar 2008 16:08 #4555

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
they are so yum...I remember them when I ate them a few months ago...ahhh!  :)  I LOVE to bake and used to do desserts for a nearby restaurant...before I realized all of these health problems.  Hmmm...wonder if there was a connection there?  I have a definite weakness for cakes and muffins.  :)

Vegan Pumpkin Choc. Chip Muffins GF 21 Nov 2008 15:01 #4556

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
just wanted to bump this up...another pumpkin recipe.  I made these this morning and remembered why they are so darn good!

Vegan Pumpkin Choc. Chip Muffins GF 21 Nov 2008 15:17 #4557

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Sol,

I have your breakfast bars in the oven at this moment....they smell fab :) I'll let you know how they turn out. I just bought some sweet white GF Sorhum flour that I might substitute for the amaranth flour in this recipe.  I have tapioca starch but I've been hearing a lot of good things about the new Expandex modified tapioca starch, have you tried it yet?

Vegan Pumpkin Choc. Chip Muffins GF 21 Nov 2008 18:22 #4558

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I honestly didnt even use the starch...I'm trying to avoid it and just stick with the GF flours!  Usually the more different kinds I mix the better the end product.  Today I did 2/3 c. brown rice flour, 2/3 c. millet flour and 1/3 c. teff flour---YUM YUM YUM!  These hold together really well and arent crumbly like a lot of the GF baked goods
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds