Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Fresh new ideas while on the Cycle Diet. Gluten Free recipes and substitution suggestions are indicated. Open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Amy's stew

Amy's stew 30 Jun 2008 19:45 #4570

• amym
  • amym's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Saute
olive oil
onion
jalapenos

add

1 can diced Tom.
carrots sliced or shredded
cumin
coriander
chili powder
cayenne
red pepper flakes
a little garlic salt
white and black pepper

shortly before serving add
zucchini
green peppers
red peppers
1 can of black beans

You can add all of the ingredients at once if you'd like but some of them may get mushy that is why I add them later. I really like spicy food so feel free to tone it down if you'd like it's still really good. I eat it with a piece of whole wheat toast.  mmmm... :)

Amy's stew 30 Jun 2008 20:26 #4571

• amym
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
ooOhhhh Weeee Amy,

I guess you like spicy foods....this looks great but do you want to ballpark any quantities? Like 1/2 an onion or 1 tsp red pepper flakes?  This might be a no brainer for you but anyone who wants to make this might like a little more direction :D

Thanks I'm going to have to give this a try.

Amy's stew 01 Jul 2008 03:32 #4572

• amym
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
my hubby got me into spicy foods! To be honest I make it different every time, kinda whatever sounds good so that is why I didn't say much for measurements I just kinda throw stuff in a pinch of this and a pinch of that. I would skip or only do very little of the cayenne, red pepper flakes and jalapeno if you do not like spicy food because it is really spicy with it all in there but it's not just HOT it has really good flavor as well. Next time I make it I will try to actually measure things :) and update the recipe. Hope you enjoy it !

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds