Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Fresh new ideas while on the Cycle Diet. Gluten Free recipes and substitution suggestions are indicated. Open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Roasted Asparagus Soup (GF/Dairy free)

Roasted Asparagus Soup (GF/Dairy free) 14 May 2009 16:21 #4614

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
I received this recipe in my e-mail today and thought, um-mm, I do have a bunch of asparagus in the fridge (unsweetened almond milk-no rice milk) maybe I should try this.... From Living Without Magazine...see link at the bottom.

Roasted Asparagus Soup with Tarragon

Serves 8 (I might cut this in half to try first)

3 pounds asparagus, bottoms trimmed cut into 1-inch pieces
4 cloves garlic
2 large shallots (use both halves), cut into 8 pieces
6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
7½ cups gluten-free chicken broth, divided
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Pepper
¼ cup white wine, optional- avoid during luteal phase
3 tablespoons potato starch
1½ cups rice milk (this would be really good with coconut milk but would really increase the calories by 3x's the milk) maybe just use 1 cup coconut milk with 1/2 cup water instead to maintain consistency.
2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
Spread asparagus, garlic and shallots on two cookie sheets. Drizzle 3 tablespoons olive oil over each sheet. Toss with a spatula to coat asparagus evenly with olive oil. (this would be really good on the grill too)
Roast 15 minutes, tossing asparagus once, until lightly golden yet still tender. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
Set aside 24 pieces of asparagus for garnish. Puree remainder in a food processor, adding 1 cup chicken broth. Don't rush this; mixture should be smooth.
Add puree to pot and whisk in remaining broth. Add salt, pepper to taste and white wine. Bring to simmer over medium heat and cook 10 minutes.
Whisk potato starch into rice milk until smooth. Add to pot and cook 10 more minutes.
Remove soup from heat. Stir in tarragon. Garnish each bowl with pieces of reserved roasted asparagus and serve hot.

Each serving contains 203 calories, 12g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 9g protein.

This recipe by Cybele Pascal, author of The Whole Foods Allergy Cookbook (Vital Health Publishing), was published in the Spring 2007 issue of Living Without magazine.

Roasted Asparagus Soup (GF/Dairy free) 19 Apr 2018 13:38 #11142

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
Bump for spring
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds