Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Fresh new ideas while on the Cycle Diet. Gluten Free recipes and substitution suggestions are indicated. Open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tapioca Rice & Rhubarb pudding (GF/DF)

Tapioca Rice & Rhubarb pudding (GF/DF) 22 Jun 2010 01:19 #4624

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
I was thinking about what to do with the last of the spring rhubarb my neighbor so kindly gave me when I thought, how about a GF/DF Rice/Tapioca/Rhubarb pudding. And voila it turned out really really good. If you love sweet and tart you're going to love this:

Tapioca Rice & Rhubarb Pudding

1/2 cup favorite rice (use brown rice for additional fiber)
1/2 cup Tapioca pearls
2 cups water
3/4 cup & Vanilla almond or organic soy & milk
8-10 packets stevia
2 cups chopped fresh Rhubarb (add fresh strawberries and/or blueberries)
1 tsp. light olive oil

In a 2 quart sauce pan bring water to a boil and add rice and (non-instant) tapioca pearls. After 5 to 10 minutes of cooking on high add & vanilla flavored almond or soy milk. If using cow's milk add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla. Bring to boil again and turn down to low stirring occasionally. Make sure tapioca/rice doesn't get too thick. Add more water along the way to desired consistency. Rice needs to cook fully or about 20 minutes and will absorb more moisture. Add 4-5 packets of stevia or to desired sweetness.

In another 2 or 3 quart sauce pan, heat 1 tsp olive oil and add rhubarb. Cook on med-high until rhubarb falls apart into a nice chunky sauce. Add 4-5 packets of stevia with strawberries or blueberries. The rhubarb can look a little greenish the strawberries will give it a little color.

Dish out 1/2 cup of the rice tapioca into into small bowls or glass dessert dish, top with 1/4 cup cooked rhubarb sauce...eat warm or cold.

Makes 5 servings.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds