Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Fresh new ideas while on the Cycle Diet. Gluten Free recipes and substitution suggestions are indicated. Open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lentil and Grape Tomato Salad (GF, DF)

Lentil and Grape Tomato Salad (GF, DF) 22 Jun 2013 16:48 #9352

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129

I've been following a few vegan bloggers lately for a little inspiration and came across this fabulous recipe. I love lentil soup and there are a few very good lentil recipes here, but who would have thought to put cold lentils on top of a salad? Well I had to give it a try and guess what? It is oh, so, good! You can see the original recipe here: sunnyvegan.com/lentil-and-grape-tomato-salad-detox-approved/

I changed up the recipe a little because one, I'm not vegan and two, because I like a little more flavor in my lentils..... my opinion okay.

This makes 1 serving:

1/2 cup cooked lentils ( I cook a whole package from dry using 4 cups water & 2 cups organic chicken stock)
1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
2 Tbs thin sliced sweet Vidalia onion
2 Tbs balsamic vinaigrette dressing - see recipe
1-2 cups Leaf lettuce bed- or as much as you like. The leaf lettuce in the photo is from out of my garden

Marinate grape tomatoes & vidalia onion together in the balsamic vinaigrette for 30 minutes. Dress the lettuce salad with lentils and pour tomatoes & dressing over lettuce. Enjoy.

Vinaigrette dressing

1/2 cup virgin olive oil
1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
2 tsp basil
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp pepper

Combine all ingredients in shaker jar. Cover and shake. Makes 1 cup Per 2 Tbs serving calories = 135
Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds