Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Fresh new ideas while on the Cycle Diet. Gluten Free recipes and substitution suggestions are indicated. Open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Healthier Pasta Salad GF DF

Healthier Pasta Salad GF DF 20 Sep 2014 00:46 #10046

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
You are going to love this pasta salad, it is great as a main course or side. You don't have to follow the recipe exactly, use whatever fresh vegetables you have on hand. I used broccoli, carrots, onions, cucumber and red bell pepper. I also had pine nuts on hand, instead of sunflower seeds. You will also find this recipe inside the workbook under salads. I used a new organic brown rice and quinoa spiral pasta from Trader Joe's, but you can use whatever kind of pasta you like.

Healthier Pasta Salad

3 cups spiral GF pasta (I used Trader Joe's Organic Brown rice & Quinoa)
3/4 cup broccoli florets
3/4 cup cauliflower florets
1/2 cup red onion, sliced
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup organic mayonnaise (Trader Joe's is a good choice)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup distilled white or rice vinegar
2TBS honey or sugar (stevia is also okay)
salt and pepper to taste

Cook GF pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse pasta under cold water.
Place pasta in a large serving bowl add the all the vegetables and toss to combine.
Combine the mayonnaise, vinegar and honey/sugar together, whisk until smooth. Pour over salad and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with sunflower seeds and serve

Makes 6 servings

Calories: 420, total fat 8g, chol 10mg, Protein 16g carbohydrate 79g, fiber 5g, sodium 25
Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds