Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us a little about yourself, how you found us, your symptoms, what experiences you've had, or whatever you'd like.
  • Page:

TOPIC: New member- My PMDD nightmare

New member- My PMDD nightmare 29 May 2016 21:39 #10601

• Jana
  • Jana's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

I have just joined so helo to you all!

I am 42 years old and after working on my self for over 20 years and consulting with various physicians and pschychiatrists, I have finally concluded that the cause of my problems was PMDD.
I have spoken to my doctor who offered SSRI which I refused as I was wrongly put on them before and I aksed for a blood test of full hormonal status. This has now been done and I will have the results and second consultation on the 3rd June.
To make things more complicated I also have Hashimoto thyroiditis and I have been on 75 mcgr of Eurothyroxine for over a year now.
My PMT lasts for about two weeks and it gets more intense closer to my period starting date. During this time I experience just about every negative emotion known to man but I do not have suicidal thoughts thanks God!
The hardest (as it takes everything I got) and emotionally (the guilt I feel) most painful is to be in a daily fight with the negative emotions in order to provide quality parenting to our 4 year old son. Even though I consciously am choosing to do my best every minute I am with our son I know he can feel that during this time I am different and this is heart breaking.
Also I now believe it was PMDD that lead to my husbands and mine separation as I was basically impossible to live with. We are now considering to get back together but if I don't get this wretched condition under control we will not be able to ever have a normal relationship and provide good and stable home to our son.
I am more than ready to make every change necessary to get better as I have had enough living withou joy and happiness.
I hope you will be able to help me get my life back.
Thanks
Jana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Debra

New member- My PMDD nightmare 30 May 2016 17:54 #10603

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
Welcome to the Cycle Diet Jana,

I hope you find some very helpful information here on the website. A few things I would like to share off the top, due to your Hoshimotos:

1) As Hoshimotos is an autoimmune disease, you may find a gluten-free diet helpful in lowering the antibodies against your thyroid. There has been a correlation between Hoshimotos and celiac disease. It wouldn't hurt to be checked for celiac disease prior to taking the wheat, rye, barley out of your diet. Oats may also be cross contaminated with wheat or gluten grains.

2) You will also want to avoid ALL artificial sweeteners. A new research study has show artificial sweeteners may actually trigger Hoshimotos. See this; cyclediet.com/forum/hypothyroidism/1833-...linked-to-hoshimotos .

3) PLEASE avoid soy. But most of all avoid GMO soy, which has also shown to interfere with your replacement hormone.

And, while we're on it, you may also want to consider dropping dairy for a while too, especially in the luteal phase. Avoid all dairy if you are lactose intolerant for at least 3 full cycles, then introduce it back to see if you are okay with it. Eat as close to nature as you can...whole foods. Stay away from fast food or hyper processed foods (this is good regardless of food sensitivities). And if you can, see someone who can check your vitamin D levels. Many times vitamin D is very very low in those with autoimmune disease. Get out in the sun without sunscreen for 15 minutes a day to help get it up fast.

I wish you all the best in your attempts to get better. Lots of women have found success with the Cycle Diet if you can hang in there.

Will be happy to answer any questions you might have here or anywhere else on the forum.

Debra

One more thing, please check with your pharmacy to make sure there isn't gluten in your Thyroid medications, see this: thyroidpharmacist.com/articles/new-warni...-thyroid-medications

New member- My PMDD nightmare 03 Jun 2016 07:32 #10610

• Jana
  • Jana's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Debra,

Thank you very much!

I'd like to ask if you personally have tried any hormonal creams and if you can recommend some.

Thanks,

Adrijana

New member- My PMDD nightmare 03 Jun 2016 13:30 #10611

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
Yes, I've tried both over the counter and prescribed bio-identical hormones. The OTC hormones are not very strong here in the US, but they may be stronger internationally. Bio-identical hormones are available here via prescription. I would recommend you find a doctor or someone who can test your hormone levels to see where your levels are. Thyroid hormones always seem to interfere with our other hormones.

Now, let me also say, I used bio-identical hormones to help me with menopause, when estrogen and progesterone both drop off. I used them for only a couple years. Now that I am firmly in menopause I no longer use them. You are a bit young to be menopausal, so you will most likely only need progesterone.

All the best,

Debra
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds