Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us a little about yourself, how you found us, your symptoms, what experiences you've had, or whatever you'd like.
  • Page:

TOPIC: New and Hopeful

New and Hopeful 09 Dec 2017 12:30 #10982

• meghanleah
  • meghanleah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi everyone,

I'm pretty sure I have PMDD, and it seems like I have Type A, C and P PMS according to this site. Like clockwork, between days 22-25 of my cycle I feel like a different person. I become distant from my amazing husband and fantasize about leaving and being on my own. I convince myself that I really don't want to be married, and it all ends in finally discussing with my husband, loads of tears and tissues later. Lucky for me he understands it's my issue, not his, and is willing to support me in healing.

I also get huge cravings for carbs about 10 days before my period and eat a ton. For some reason I don't gain much weight, but my digestion suffers a lot. I was recently diagnosed with celiac disease, but haven't had much relief on a gluten free diet. I am now undergoing tests for inflammatory bowel disease. I have had mood swings and cramps for as long as I remember, probably since age 15. Luckily I do exercise and yoga daily, which immediately helps me feel better. It's amazing how much these hormones can take you out of yourself and convince you of things that you can't imagine at other times. Hoping to alleviate this before I make un-doable decisions in my marriage! So glad I found this site!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Debra

New and Hopeful 09 Dec 2017 14:21 #10984

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
Welcome to the Cycle Diet Megan,

Are you working with a dietitian who specializes in celiac and autoimmune disease? It's so important to understand how important it is to keep a 100% gluten-free household. If your husband is still eating wheat or wheat bread in the house, it's so easy to cross-contaminate the environment. Hope he may consider keeping wheat, rye, barley out of the house. Making sure any medications you take are also gluten-free is important. I really hope you belong to a celiac support group as gluten-free products may change ingredients. Understanding that even when oats say they are gluten-free, may not be. Mechanically/optically sorted oats are still missing gluten containing partials in a big way. Stay away from GM's GF cereals like Cheerios. Watching and cleaning lentils and beans can also be contaminated with wheat or barley. So called gluten-free beers that still contain barley malt may still contain toxic fermented peptides that cause immune response.

Sometimes it takes 6 months to a year on a gluten-free diet to see complete healing. It's tough to eat out safely, but much better now than ever before. I'm glad your doctor/gastro is going to also check for other IBDs.

Hang in there, sticking with a healthy diet will help. Getting in better carbs and fiber helps more than you know.
Glad you're here. If you are going to add any more personal information here, I would highly suggest you drop your last name and just use initials or first name as username. Let me know if you need me to change it.
Debra

New and Hopeful 10 Dec 2017 10:44 #10988

• meghanleah
  • meghanleah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks Debra,

I actually am a registered dietitian myself, which I am grateful for! I am currently living in Norway with my husband's family, so it's out of the question to keep gluten out of the house. I do have my own cutting board and pans and sponges and don't use the toaster. The allergen labels here are very good, but it is hard when visiting other people.

And don't worry, I'm not using my last name :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Debra

New and Hopeful 10 Dec 2017 14:30 #10990

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
Well, that's fantastic. Love it!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds