Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us a little about yourself, how you found us, your symptoms, what experiences you've had, or whatever you'd like.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Recovered from amenorrhea and suffering a heavy PM

Recovered from amenorrhea and suffering a heavy PM 16 Sep 2018 08:26 #11244

• marta_arien
  • marta_arien's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi! I am 27 and recently I recovered my period after 2 years of amenorrhea. Now that I have my period, I notice very hard PMS symptoms such as breast soreness during the 10 days before my period comes and heavy period cramps in the first 3 days. I love lifting weights but I am recovering my strength after being several months with no exercise and in a high caloric diet (in order to recover my period).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Recovered from amenorrhea and suffering a heavy PM 16 Sep 2018 13:15 #11245

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 128
Welcome to the Cycle Diet Marta,

Two years is a long time to be ammenorrhea, was it because you were taking a non-stop birth control pill?

We have lots of helpful information here for you. Consider getting good fats in, especially omega 3s plentiful in cold water fish or fish oil, flax oil or both. Drop the highly processed foods for whole foods. Eat at least 6-9 servings of vegetables a day. A serving is only 1/2 cup, so look at least 3-5 cups of vegetables a day. Sounds like a lot, but try to get a variety in, especially leafy greens. Add berries and fruits too. When you get all the nutrients in, painful cramps will lessen. Limit the animal saturated fats and corn, soy, canola oils. Go to the foods to include page for a good list of foods you should stick with.

Go to the Foods to limit avoid page too to see which foods you should limit.

One woman's nutrient is another woman's antigen
Listen to your body, it's talking to you
Last edit: by Debra.

Recovered from amenorrhea and suffering a heavy PM 29 Sep 2018 07:42 #11247

• marta_arien
  • marta_arien's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you! I wasn't in birth control, I had hypothalamic amenorrhea, which basically means that due to stress: life, job, exercise, diet, my hypothalamus didn't want to expend energy with reproductive hormones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Debra

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds