Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us a little about yourself, how you found us, your symptoms, what experiences you've had, or whatever you'd like.
  • Page:

TOPIC: HI and new

HI and new 08 Sep 2005 20:58 #1435

• happy4dolphins
  • happy4dolphins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,
I am Nicole and am searching for some ideas on pmdd and the dead head syndrom. When I was younger (teens and early 20's) I used to get what I call, dead head syndrome. Meaning, a day or two before I began my "p" I would be unable to move (I could move, I just felt like I couldn't). I'd lay ont the floor for numerous hours, unalbe to think, feel, respond, etc. Finally in college, I began birthcontrol and that helped with my head a lot and it is also the same time area that I had my first laproscopy with the diagnosis of endometriosis (I've had that since I can remember).
Over my college years, my ana was sky high and I went to two rheumatologist for exams, all ok. SO who knows. My father passed of pulmenary hypertension back in 1985 (I was 13) and the docs say it's not geneitc. My youngest brother has IgA deficiency. My middle brother is healthy.
I have continued to be challenged by depression and work with a counselor who is wonderful with me. I also have had panic/anxiety attacks in the late 1990s (1995 until about 2000). I did call the ambulence once thinking I was dying and no one said anything about panic attacks then.
What a journey.
Nicole

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

HI and new 08 Sep 2005 22:36 #1436

• happy4dolphins
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Welcome happy4dolphins,

Thanks for your post. I'm so glad you found this board. If I could ask without feeling too dumb, could you tell me what ana is?

It sounds like you've had a really hard time of it, has your counselor diagnosed you with Post traumatic stress syndrome due to your father's death as a fairly young girl? Something you may ask him/her about.

Have you ever had your cortisol levels tested? Sometimes one of the reasons women have such a hard time during the luteal phase is due to [b:33519f733b]low [/b:33519f733b]cortisol response which kicks up your epinephrine levels in response. Your body goes into panic mode and symptoms of PMS are severe.

I have orignal research studies available if you would like to share them with your counselor. Just let me know I can e-mail it to you.

HI and new 09 Sep 2005 01:40 #1437

• happy4dolphins
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
HI Deb,
ana is anti nuclear antibody.

Yes, Karen (counselor) and I have talked about post tramatic stress, but it's been a long time really since we have.
No, I don't think I have ever had my cortisol levels tested. I don't even know what they are.
What is epinephrine levels? I think that is one of the chemicals that effexor deals with, right? Gosh, I'd panic over nothing for a long time. I came home one day after renting a movie and called the psychiatric hospital and told them they had to admitt me because I was sure that I had lost it. (I can laugh at that now).
Dolphin Joy,
Nicole

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.394 seconds