Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us a little about yourself, how you found us, your symptoms, what experiences you've had, or whatever you'd like.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Introducing myself

Introducing myself 15 Sep 2005 00:42 #1440

• Jestsmiln
  • Jestsmiln's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I am currently a Moderator for the PMDD group PMDD Solutions.
Athena is a member of this group also.
I am also a member of her message board and that is how I found your wonderful site.
I love your website Debra, and I quote it often on our site.....using your name and website as reference ofcourse :D
I have put your link on our site and hopefully we can get this forum started to.
Both of your sites are full of great information.
I am into PMDD awareness, education, and support.
I still am learning every day more and more.
Still searching for new information or better information all the time!
Thanks
Marilee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Introducing myself 15 Sep 2005 01:06 #1441

• Jestsmiln
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Welcome to the Cycle Diet support board,
Please come over as often as you can. Are you the one on Yahoo or MSN?

I notice some traffic from Yahoo occasionally. I do scan the journals for the latest research and try to stay up on the latest nutrition information regarding PMS/PMDD. I'm just getting started on this board as you can see and I hope it becomes a place where women can get help on questions about whatever they have on their mind. Please jump in and give us a hand whenever you can. OK

I'm so glad I found Anthea's board in July, she's just plain wonderful. Now hopefully we can attract some MD's or PHD's to put in their 2 cents.

Good to meet you, talk with you later.

Introducing myself 15 Sep 2005 12:36 #1442

• Jestsmiln
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Marilee :) Good to see you here too!

Wow, quite a little network we have going here. 8) I think it is fantastic that we all can pull together like this to help promote better awareness and more accurate information.

Debra, I've often wondered how one could get an MD actively involved in a board like this - but I'm thinking it might take some $$$ - unless one can find a doc specializing in treating women with PMDD who also endorse a more holistic treatment rather than just the standard drugging with SSRI's and so forth. Maybe offer participation as a tool for the doc to get the word out about his/her practice and so forth. I wouldn't know how to go about accomplishing an arrangement of this nature however. I'm thinking you might have better success at making such an offer as you have qualifications and so on, which makes for your site and this forum as being a better platform for a medical professional to potentially become more actively involved. I'm holding thumbs, miracles do happen! :D

I do know that a number of medically trained and qualified people read my forum, and a LOT of medical students have written me asking for material they could use in their projects and so forth. So I do know that my forum and my site has been noticed by some medical literati, and read regularly by medical professionals, researchers and students alike, even if they prefer to be lurkers (which is understandable). This forum is going to be noticed too, no-doubt! :wink:

Btw, Debra, I've linked your forum from the promo yahoo group I have set up (it's not active - just for promo links) so you'll get some traffic from there too. I don't know if you've noticed, but I've also added your forum link to your signature on my board to help you out. Hope you don't mind. It does take a little time to get a new board established - a few months at least. I'm sure this is going to be a very active and busy board in just a short while. :)

Introducing myself 15 Sep 2005 13:55 #1443

• Jestsmiln
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Anthea,

Yes, I've noticed increased traffic from Yahoo, thanks, and thank you for adding the support board to my sig on your board. It looks great.
:D
My site has been visited by many prominent hospitals prior to setting up this board. I'm excited that they may actually learn something from it.

One of my clients had an appointment with one of my favorite MD researchers yesterday in NYC- Susan Thys-Jacobs. She said she would talk to her about the Cycle Diet and get back to us on what she says. She's a wonderful researcher, much of the Cycle Diet is based on her research.

The time element is the main problem with physician. We may have better luck with Professors of medicine at Medical Schools like Dr. Bhatia at Creighton.

I'll send an invitation to see if he or his wife would like to offer any advice.

I'll be attending the National Food and Nutrition Expo in St. Louis October 23rd for 3 days. Hopefully I'll be able to do a little networking with a few physicians, Professors as well as other RD's there as well.

Many OBGYN's can't afford to hire an RD or nutritionist so if they have a FREE resource available for their patients, they can take a look or better yet give us a little free advice.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds