Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us a little about yourself, how you found us, your symptoms, what experiences you've had, or whatever you'd like.
  • Page:

TOPIC: hoping the cycle diet is the way!!

hoping the cycle diet is the way!! 15 Sep 2005 03:35 #1444

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
:D So glad to come across this website. Thanks Debbie for hosting this. I've done everything under the sun to "combat" my pms so I'm hoping the cycle diet will be the way. I'm 36 years of age and have had serious pms for 3 years. I've tried accupuncture, exercise, naturopath: chinese herbs, phystoestrogen body creme, eating well (but then binging on chocolate or cereal to deal with the cravings), meditation, quitting coffee (decreased the caffeine to 3 cups of tea), yoga and vitamins: calcium , evening primose oil, 3.6.9 fatty acids, magnesium, b6, etc. My diet in general has been erratic since being prescibed Effexor and Wellbutrin for my depression. I've decided that I've been lifted out of the black hole and am in the process of weening myself off the effexor (already off wellbutrin) but the PMS still remains. After day 15, bloating, lethargy, cravings and mood swings begin again. My overall nutrition has improved (formerly a sick vegetarian) and am starting to eat more vegetables but my eating habits are atrocious once pms starts. Yes, one vicious cycle. So, enough is enough...got to get this one sorted out .....wish me luck with the cycle diet. I'll keep you posted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

hoping the cycle diet is the way!! 15 Sep 2005 03:48 #1445

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I meant Debra ..sorry, my mind is a sieve with names :roll: ..I think I will get my cortisol checked as well. The stress incurred obviously had an impact on my short term memory. Debra -Thanks again for hosting this site. :D

hoping the cycle diet is the way!! 15 Sep 2005 13:24 #1446

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Cyranoid,

Glad you found us, good luck with the diet, sounds like you've been through the mill, like many of us.

Consistency it the answer, you have to keep with it. Stress management is also the answer if you're suffering from high anxiety.

Let me know if you have any questions about the diet. One of the things I always suggest is to chart your cycle and keep a diet journal so you can compare your symptoms with your cravings.

Your body will tell you what it needs sometimes through your cravings.

And be sure and check out Anthea's site and support board too!

hoping the cycle diet is the way!! 15 Sep 2005 17:24 #1447

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
HI Carynoid,
I'm taking Effexor too and it's seemed to have helped a lot once the Prozac had a fizzle on me.
I'm about a week 1/2 into this diet and trying it as well.
Nicole

hoping the cycle diet is the way!! 15 Sep 2005 18:53 #1448

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Cyranoid :)

Welcome! More and more women are reporting success with Debra's fabulous nutrition plan - it really is exciting for me to see this happen.

I wish you all the best, and please keep in touch. People's experiences for positive or negative are very beneficial in forums such as this one, and can help others looking for answers to their treatment problems.

All the best,
Anthea

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds