Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us a little about yourself, how you found us, your symptoms, what experiences you've had, or whatever you'd like.
  • Page:

TOPIC: I'm finally on-line!

I'm finally on-line! 04 Oct 2005 01:45 #1459

• Karey
  • Karey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Debra!

I called you several weeks ago to receive more info because my hubby didn't print everything I needed to get started with the cycle diet. I must tell you after being on this diet for the last month, my last PMS cycle was symptom free!!!! That is absolutely incredible to me!!!!!

Thank you for your help. I never felt better in my whole life. I was happy, relaxed and really enjoyed my husband and 4 children. Once I started my cycle, though, I didn't watch what I ate as much and over the next several days found myself getting cranky and irritable (which has been the norm for me most of my life).

I'm wondering if there are certain preservatives my body just doesn't tolerate well. I tried to research MSG but didn't come up with much of anything. I also have another problem...gas. Everything I eat-no matter what or how much-instantly brings this on. I use twice the amount of Beano the bottle says, before I consume ANY food, but it doesnt help much. My health food store suggested a homeopathic medicine which helps a little, and my Dr. says there is nothing that can be done. But this daily almost constant gas is CRAZY. There are days when I can't leave the house. Any suggestions???????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm finally on-line! 04 Oct 2005 11:45 #1460

• Karey
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Karey,

A BIG WELCOME to the Cycle Diet on-line!!! I'm so happy to see you got a computer, I will be changing your access so that you can get into the client section, where you will see that you are not alone in your gaseous problem. :) AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SUCCESS, you will be a great testimonial for women all over the country.

You will find the board on "Embarrassing things you need to know about but afraid to ask".

There are a couple reasons for such gas and whether or not it's accompanied by diarrhea and or pain. 1) Too much fiber all at once....if you're not used to eating high fiber foods you'll want to cut back a little. 2) You are sensitive to wheat and or gluten. Gas is a symptom that you're not able to break down gliadin, the protein in wheat. 3) You might also want to think about getting a pro-biotic-  beneficial flora in the large intestine help in digesting fiber as well as making a couple important vitamins. These beneficial flora make biotin and vitamin K.

After a while your body should become used to increased fiber and calm down a bit. Keep taking the beano until you notice a difference. If the gas doesn't calm down to normal amounts then I might suggest you think about being tested for gluten intolerance.

After you become familiar with the links to this board you will find a link for food additives to the Center for Science in the Public Interest. They have a great list of ingredients to watch for.

Here's the link:
http://www.cspinet.org/reports/chemcuisine.htm

MSG is a bad one for some women, especially those predisposed to PMS and PMDD. I always suggest women stay away from it. You have to be pretty insistent if you go out to eat to ask about it. It's in many processed foods, salad dressings, broths, canned soups and Chinese foods. READ ALL LABELS

I'm glad you posted, I hope to see more posts from you about your success and stumbles. It's important for women to know it's possible to beat PMS/PMDD and live a fuller, happier life! :D

I'm finally on-line! 04 Oct 2005 14:37 #1461

• Karey
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Just saying "hi Karey" ... Debra's diet is wonderful! It's great to hear so many success stories. Keep it up, and spread the word! :wink:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds