Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us a little about yourself, how you found us, your symptoms, what experiences you've had, or whatever you'd like.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Desperately Searching for Help!

Desperately Searching for Help! 12 Oct 2005 18:58 #1464

• ChantalLenee
  • ChantalLenee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am home today because I have NO energy and wanted to sleep all morning. Zoloft? So, in desperation I am looking for something besides meds to help with my PMS.
I was on fluoxetine and that made me super anxious and I started having panic episodes that woke me up in the middle of the night. So I started taking Zoloft and now I am sleepy.
See, I finally went to Dr. for help with PMS plus I was over due for an annual. She is very kind and I am grateful to find a kind Dr. as I have not been to any Dr. in nearly 5 years because they can be.... well... condescending, I guess. And I have had no insurance. But I am desperate (as is my poor family and anyone else who gets in my line of fire those weeks - including a very patient cop who was privileged to be a victim of one of my PMS tirades and didn't even arrest me. What is wrong with me?!) :evil:
I hate myself for this and for my behavior. So, here I am. I am going to get the workbook and try it. If nothing else I will be eating healthier.
I was raised to believe that PMS was an excuse that women used for ill behavior but I really can not help myself. I know it sounds like an excuse but it's like I am watching a video of myself instead of actually being myself. Does that make sense? I like myself the weeks when I am calm and reasonable and happy. I do get physical symptoms but I can live with those usually.
But I have gotten to the point in the past year or so that I live in dread of the PMS and then can't wait to get my period because I know that in a few days I will be okay. Incidentally, my period are always on time (within a day or two) but for the past 8-10 months I have only been bleeding about 22 - 30 hours but this month it was FOUR days! (I am only 35) And the menstrual symptoms during those four days was really bad - I had switched meds in mid-stream. Maybe that was why.
Anyhow, does the Cycle Diet really work? For real?
I was raised by hippies and lived on all organic food and goats milk but when we moved to help my grandparents my mother went to work and we started eating and living differently and so I have basically forgotten how to eat thoughtfully. And with working and caring for two kids - including a son with Type 1 Diabetes - time is a real problem. I need to focus.
Thank you for listening.
Chantal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Desperately Searching for Help! 12 Oct 2005 20:30 #1463

• ChantalLenee
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Welcome Chantal,

[b:cb828afcda]Boy Do We Understand How You Feel!!! [/b:cb828afcda]Your story is one that is too familiar to me and many of the women who have visited this website and walked in your shoes.

Be assured that you can beat PMS and in your case it sound more like PMDD. After starting the diet plan you can expect to see symptom relief in as little as 1 month, with more symptom relief in 2. The Cycle Diet is the first step in the path to feeling better. The second step is stress management and exercise in the form of increased heart rate and breathing.

If your SSRI isn't working for you, it's more than likely nutrient deficiencies. I love the idea that you were brought up on good foods, you won't have any problems with the kinds of foods recommended, as well as the vitamins and minerals.

The other thing you will want to do is to start charting your symptoms, you can pull off a couple different forms off this site and board, (see how to chart your cycle board)

Feel free to post all you want here and as soon as you order your workbook, if you have any questions whatsoever, I'll see to it that they are answered in a speedy fashion.

Also I hope you read through the testimonials of the women who have had success with the Cycle Diet, I'm sure if you post a question to them, they will give you suggestions on what worked for them, many are surprised at how quickly their symptoms subsided.

Anyway I hope you read through as much of the website as you can and know you are not alone in your new path to feeling normal again.[b:cb828afcda][/b:cb828afcda]

Desperately Searching for Help! 12 Oct 2005 22:41 #1462

• ChantalLenee
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Welcome Chantal! I think you'll find, as I have, that this site is invaluable. I've been welcomed with open arms, and I hope you feel the same way. I'm just starting out - week 3 I think - and I anticipate much improvement. Plus - eating better, and losing weight at the same time is a fabulous way to beat PMS. So far, I still am feeling some symptoms, but better than before. Deb tells me to expect improvement through the next two cycles, so give it some time. We are all here to help each other, and NOT ONE OF US is crazy / PMS is REAL. Finally - at 38, I feel in charge of my emotions (or working toward that end anyway). I hope you find the peace your looking for. Feel free to count on me - if you ever need to vent, and Deb is a great soul with a wealth of information. I've learned...never be afraid to ask. Best wishes!

Desperately Searching for Help! 13 Oct 2005 13:13 #1465

• ChantalLenee
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Well, I ordered the book today. I did not take the zoloft last night. Just my calcium. I feel a little better today. I thank you for your responses. I feel very positive about this. I talked to my husband about this and he is concerned that I am not giving the meds a chance. He comes from an ice cream and potato chips family so he is very, very skeptical about anything that isn't purchased through a pharmacy. Besides, no matter what... he is still a man and a bit 'clueless'. :roll: So, I will be looking in the mail for my book every day and in the meantime I am charting my eating and symptoms. My diet totally stinks! Fortunately I have been charting myself for months.
I will keep you all posted and will be waiting...

Chantal

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.207 seconds