Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us a little about yourself, how you found us, your symptoms, what experiences you've had, or whatever you'd like.
  • Page:

TOPIC: There are others like me!

There are others like me! 26 Oct 2005 22:47 #1472

• Caroline
  • Caroline's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am very excited to have found this website today, and am happy to learn that I am not making this up in my head. I'm 31 and had my first child almost 9 months ago. I didn't take any time off work, and have been going ever since. My time management, stress level and diet have gone out of the window. I work from home in commission only sales, so I have no work schedule and am "on call" all the time. I crave fried foods and sugar, etc. it feels like all the time!

I have always had an anger, or out of control feeling right before my period, but lately it is sooo much worse.

I just told off a person today for something that wouldn't usually get to me. A particularly stressful work situation has consumed me to where I cussed a person out and hung up the phone, then cried twice about it, and stayed up all night thinking about it and feeling angry and hurt. Now I fell stupid for wasting all this energy on negative things when I should be spending the time with my daughter(who stays with Grandma while I work), or husband (who has been very patient with my totally absent sex drive!), or working on my business.

I know that diet and exercise and increased weight left over from pregnancy are factors in my monthly mood swings. I just hope I can fend off the cravings and stick to the cycle diet!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

There are others like me! 26 Oct 2005 23:44 #1473

• Caroline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Welcome Caroline,

You've come to the right place to help with getting relief safely. As you go through the main website and support board you will find many things you can do to help.

The first thing I always recommend is to start charting your symptoms and cycle. This can be very empowering as well as a written document for a diagnosis if you should ever want to discuss this with your doctor. The main thing is that you are aware that your symptoms are cyclical. This is very important so not to be confused with clinical depression.

Many women experience increased PMS or PMDD symptoms after the birth of a child. There are many theories as to why this happens, but the transfer of essential nutrient from you to your baby can deplete already low levels.

If you took a prenatal vitamin and stopped, you need to start taking it again or another good quality multi, as well as a calcium plus vitamin D tablet, chewable or liquid. There are many good ones on the market.

Think of the Cycle Diet as a start to a lifestyle change to good health and improvement. These changes will become permanent after you start to feel better.

Working from home can be a 12-16 hour day, this I can relate to. You have to be determined to turn-off the work schedule demands and make time for yourself as well as spending quality time with your family. This time will be very important to you seeing the results you are wanting. You need to think about time for exercise, stress management and if you think you can swing it- meditation in the way of quiet time alone to clear your mind.

Since you live in Washington another thing you should be aware of is the fact that you are not able to make vitamin D, an essential vitamin made by the skin which is also essential in the absorption of calcium. Please think about taking a vitamin D supplement as well.

New research is supporting 1,000 IU's daily now, and even more in those deficient in vitamin D.

We all wish you the best in your journey in combating your symptoms and please don't hesitate to ask for help along the way.

There are others like me! 27 Oct 2005 02:22 #1474

• Caroline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Caroline - welcome! There are tons of people just like you, and Deb is bringing us all together to help us understand that there is something we can do to be happier and healthier ALL MONTH LONG. I'm just starting my second month on the cycle diet, and am already noticing great things (including increased sex drive that I thought was long gone....really!) Deb is a wealth of knowledge and support. Call on me if you ever need to vent or for support. Everyone here is so great - and I've become addicted to the boards as I find they help me to realize how NORMAL I really am...that I'm not the ONLY one out there who needs the kind of help that the Cycle Diet and Deb offer. I think you'll like it here.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds