Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us a little about yourself, how you found us, your symptoms, what experiences you've had, or whatever you'd like.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hi- I'm new

Hi- I'm new 02 Nov 2005 22:46 #1480

• chefinbiz
  • chefinbiz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
My name is Nancy and I am a stay at home mother of 3. I own my own home based business, am married for 10 years to a wonderful man, have a wonderful loving family at home and at church. So why am I so miserable all the time?

My PMDD seems to have taken over all but 7 days of my month. The most debilitating symptom I have has to do with the inability to focus/complete tasks and the feeling of being overwhelmed. All of this manifests itself as anxiety and anger and sometimes profound sadness.
I am alienating my husband and my 3 beautiful children. I don't want to be around me, so why would anyone else.

Have tried Prozac- I didn't know it was possible to have less libido than I already have!

Gave the Cycle Diet a few weeks try. Found some improvement. Find it hard to stick to because my symptoms seem to over rule my will/skill power.

Gonna give it another shot. Any tips for incorporating the diet alongside my family's meals would be great. ANy tips for staying on track would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance for your support,
Nancy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi- I'm new 02 Nov 2005 23:10 #1481

• chefinbiz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Nancy,

It would really help if we could do a quick food analysis over the phone so that I could get an idea of the kinds of foods that you enjoy and eat on a regular basis. Making little changes here and there may be easier for you than changing everything all at once. For example, what brands of cooking oil do you use, what food additives are you consuming without really knowing.

Doing this will give me an idea of how best to help you stay with it. This will also give me a chance to see if you may be eating "sensitive" foods that could be causing you some trouble.

I can recommend healthier junk foods for those of you who can't live without it. This is not a deprivation diet. You should never be hungry. The Cycle Diet is a lifestyle change and that takes a little effort over a period of time.

Some people are more willing to make those changes, and some aren't. Let's talk about which changes you can handle now and then work on the others later.

How does that sound?

Hi- I'm new 03 Nov 2005 03:30 #1482

• chefinbiz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Welcome Nancy! You and I are very similar - I find it difficult to stay on track, while my cravings get the best of me. Deb has taught me to keep better foods in the house, and I've noticed significant improvment (not miraculous yet, but significant) in just the first month. I did find that if I don't FORCE myself to eat the snacks throughout the day - I end up binging at dinner, or for dessert. So keep small apples, celery, even things like sun chips (better than the peanut butter cups I hid from my daughters trick-or-treat stash) around the house. I've also learned to keep a bottle of water and an apple with me in the car while I'm doing my running around - that used to be a big excuse for not eating my snacks. I'ts not as easy for some of us, as it is for others - but keep on trying - the differences will surprise you....libido and everything!!! Seriously!
I'm really looking forward to what will improve this month.

Best to you.

Hi- I'm new 03 Nov 2005 18:30 #1483

• chefinbiz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Just a note to welcome you to the site and to tell you to keep trying. I know it's hard. I have found that starting on day one is easier than starting during a bad week. You are not alone and there are a lot of us who understand. I like how you said that you don't want to be around you so why would anyone else. I've said that! Nothing like being trapped in your own body, huh?
:)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds