Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us a little about yourself, how you found us, your symptoms, what experiences you've had, or whatever you'd like.

TOPIC: New here

New here 01 Jul 2008 14:54 #1878

• Southernexposure
  • Southernexposure's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi I'm 36 I live in hot slimey Louisiana, I'm married have two little boys 9 and almost 6. I don't have a job or at least not a real one..  I buy 1 or 2 horses or ponies a year and train them, show them and sometimes sell them - hunters and jumpers. I used to be a professional- sold my business two years ago.. 

I have PMS/PMDD that started after I had my first son..  Before that I never noticed any symptoms, it has progressively gotten worse and the last 4 months have been super bad. There is a history of EARLY menopause in my family. All the women on my Dad's side, 7 of them before 40. My Mom had a hysterectomy at 35 so no idea there.

Anyway super excited to do this:)

New here 01 Jul 2008 16:09 #1879

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Welcome to the Cycle Diet Board SouthernExp,

May I suggest a couple things for your consideration:

FYI the blue words are links to articles.

1) I hate to sound like a broken record but..... very early menopause and other gyn problems may be a sign of  Celiac Disease or a  Gluten intolerance due to the malabsorption of many of the very nutrients it takes to cycle normally. These vitamins and minerals are mostly absorbed in the upper GI tract and deficiencies of these can cause all sorts of physical and emotional problems. As an example: calcium, vitamin D, B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12, folate, iron, zinc and magnesium...really most major minerals.

Do your aunts all have osteoporosis or thin bones too? Do any have digestive problems? What other problems did they have? Any Autoimmune Diseases- here's a list of the top 64 autoimmune diseases

2) Gluten intolerance (and IgG delayed food sensitivities) may cause a possible immune or autoimmune response with genetic/inherited predispositions. An autoimmune disorders/conditions can be triggered by pregnancy as well as stress, bacteria or a virus. Women suffer from autoimmune problems  6 times more then men.

I urge you to talk to your primary physician for a proper blood screening for Celiac disease or gluten sensitivity. And if he/she will test you for some of the nutrient you may be deficient in like vitamin D, folate, iron, (there are no good blood tests for calcium or magnesium) I may also encourage you to talk with your mother and ASK WHY she had a hysterectomy so young. Did they take her ovaries too?

The important thing is finding out what is causing you to have such bad cycles. Be sure and list your symptoms if you'd like so we may give you a better direction of where to start digging for more help and information.

Remember if it is a food sensitivity or intolerance....there is a simple solution...remove the offending food(s) from your diet. You will find helpful information here on the board. If you're willing to start the diet, start out by eliminating all processed foods.

Let me know if I can help you further....chances are you'll have more questions.

New here 02 Jul 2008 02:42 #1880

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks..

My Grandmother had Ulcertive Colitis and she died at age 92 she had non-hodgkins lymphoma. I think she eventually passsed because she had cancer in her stomach. I know there is ostoporsis in my family.

I have had digestion issues-  I will go get blood tests done asap. I take calcium- I have a degenerative disc issue and some arthritis. i found that out after i get in a car accident and had MRI etc done. I have suffered from depression at random times but I don't currently take medication. I feel like I need to start taking something again because I'm so depressed two weeks out of the month.I don't want to take meds I rather change my diet. If I have Celiac Disease or was Gluten intollerant it would explain a lot. I was lactose intollerant as a baby and drank soy milk both times I was pregnant I drank a ton of milk and it didn't bother me. Maybe it is gluten not lactose that I'm intollerant to???

My Mom had her ovaries removed she had really bad endometriosis.

My symptoms are severe bloating I'm talking I can't wear most of my clothes two weeks out of the month. As soon as I get my period it is like I drop 20 lbs. Insomnia during that time probabaly because my breasts are so tender when I move it my sleep I wake up. Then the two days before my periodd arrives I am so tired I can hardly stay awake. I also get very mean and bite everones heads off, 0 tolerance of anyone. I also get really bad diareah just before I get my period I always have.

New here 02 Jul 2008 12:32 #1881

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Okay there you go,

Endometriosis, ulcerative colitis, non-Hodgkins lymphoma, (stomach cancer), rheumatoid arthritis in a young person are all manifestations or exacerbations of non-celiac gluten sensitivity. New studies show approximately 60-70% of people with colitis are gluten intolerant as well.

Now here's the caveat to all this....many people test negative for Celiac but are still gluten sensitive with much of the damage being caused not only inside the GI tract, but outside the GI tract. Antigliadin antibodies can attack just about any system tissue in the body causing all kinds of problems. When you go in for your Celiac blood tests be sure and ask for as many nutrient levels as your doctor will do.

The major ones are: Iron, folate, B12, B6, vitamin D, Parathyroid hormone (PTH) is a good indicator of calcium being leached from your bones. Once you take gluten-out of your diet improvement in any of these will be proof positive of your malabsorption from gluten.

Your large weight gain inside the abdomen is being caused by inflammation to your GI tract due to increased gut permeability. Higher estrogen levels in the luteal phase increase inflammation in the body, but if you already have an autoimmune condition it just makes it worse.

Please learn as much as you can about anti-gliadin antibodies and the damage they can cause. Oh and make sure your mother also gets tested too. You are both carriers of your grandmother's genes.

See this video for a great explanation of what gluten intolerance is.

And please let me know if I can further help you while you go through your testing and the gluten-free diet.

New here 02 Jul 2008 13:44 #1882

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I will go get the testing. I also talked to  Mom and she is going into get checked. She has ostoproisis. She has not taken any hormones for several years, but basically had the same symptoms as me with the PMS/PMDD.

New here 02 Jul 2008 13:51 #1883

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I would also like to give you one more resource for gluten sensitivity testing in case you should test negative via blood testing.

Dr. Kenneth Fine (a board certified gastroenterologist) can test your stool for antigliadin antibodies at www.enterolab.com Chances are this test is not covered by insurance but I've had many women test positive via stool and negative verses blood.

Good luck with your doctor and keep me updated on your results :)

New here 02 Jul 2008 13:54 #1884

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks

New here 08 Jul 2008 12:31 #1885

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
HI!
I'm new here. I'm 27 SAHM and I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old. I never had PMS until I weaned my son from nursing 6 months ago. My first symptom was dizziness and that lasted almost and entire month...that has gone away but now I tend to get bouts of anxiety and nausea around day 14 and sometimes insomnia b/c I feel so anxious. I also have a problem with tension headaches. I really hope this diet works b/c its starting to drive me crazy. Any way thanks for listening. ;)

New here 08 Jul 2008 12:48 #1886

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Welcome Evangenline,

If you read some of the other posts, you'll find that pregnancy can in many instances trigger an underlying autoimmune condition. I always ask my clients to look at both sides of the family for medical problems, especially anything that might be autoimmune. Now if there's no one in your family with an autoimmune disease then chances are you're just very deficient on those vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids you lost during pregnancy and breast feeding. Many times women tend to cut back on nutritious foods to lose their pregnancy weight....

Following the Cycle Diet can't hurt unless you have a food sensitivity that you're unaware of. Common food problems include gluten from wheat, rye, barley and contaminate oats, dairy, and food additives and preservatives. Removing these things helps immediately.

Try adding fish oil, flax oil, a good calcium tablet with vitamin D, and a good daily multi-vitamin. Be sure and tract all your symptoms

Good luck with the diet....you may like to order the workbook for more help keeping tract of the details of the diet, and please come back and let us know what kind of results or lack of results you may have. :)

New here 08 Jul 2008 14:07 #1887

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for replying so quickly. I do have a great Aunt that has MS and my Grandpa has diebetes. Are those cosidered autoimmune disorders? I don't think I'm that deficeint in vitimins b/c I've always taken a multiple vitimin but I will start taking more calcium and fish oil and see if it helps. Do you think I should be tested for autoimmune disorders?
Thanks so much and I'll be sure to let you know about my progress.
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds