Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss topics concerning pregnancy, fertility and reproductive issues. Registered members only
  • Page:

TOPIC: can i have (and hold) a pregnancy?

can i have (and hold) a pregnancy? 08 Oct 2007 22:50 #8757

• Bast
  • Bast's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
hi,

turning 39 in a few days and want to give fertility a chance in the next year. so there are some basic things i can do and i thought i'd record them here and hope that others might jump in with their experiences and suggestions. this ok, debra?

to start:

1. daily low dose of baby aspirin to help blood flow to ovaries

2. make absolutely certain my diet is gf. this means no prepared foods, no eating out but only what i prepare.

3. ovulation predictor tests. most fertility centers suggest ovukit and ovuquick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

can i have (and hold) a pregnancy? 09 Oct 2007 00:57 #8758

• Bast
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Hey Alex,

Is it Okay....YES, you bet.:D

Looks like there are a few of you that are interested in conception, so I decided the topic warrents it's own forum.

I'm very happy you feel like you're ready to give it your full attention, so good for you. I'm sure you'll have lots of company in a short time.

can i have (and hold) a pregnancy? 09 Oct 2007 23:22 #8759

• Bast
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Me, too!!  Trying to conceive, that is.  And I noticed the subtitle - PMDD, vit. D deficiency and gluten intolerance - also me!!  We originally weren't going to try until next year, but decided to start last month :-)  Right now I"m waiting to see if month #2 is a + or - .  While my body feels great, I am having a small amount of irritation/anxiety, so I"m afraid my period is on the way :(  But so far my luteal phase is up to 9 days!

The baby aspirin is a new one, I"d never heard of that before.  I"m assuming Debra has heard of it, though.   I have heard of extra B complex, C, soy, Vitex, etc.  But as Debra had suggested, I"m staying away from any of these extra vitamins/minerals unless I cannot conceive after a few cycles and get blood drawn at the ob/gyn.

I've also heard of some people having much success with the OvWatch.  I got one, just to be able to pinpoint better my ovulation date.  I tried Ovulation predictor pee sticks without much success :P

I look forward to hearing more from you, and others! 

Laura

can i have (and hold) a pregnancy? 09 Oct 2007 23:52 #8760

• Bast
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Hey Laura,

The only concern I would have in your case is your gastritis, and I do know Alex also suffered from the same a couple years ago, so...... if you think you can tolerate aspirin without irritating your stomach lining I would think you should be OK, but stop if you start to feel an upset stomach.

You can also thin the blood by upping Omega 3's.

can i have (and hold) a pregnancy? 10 Oct 2007 01:47 #8761

• Bast
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
hi laura, debra,

thanks for jumping in here. i'm so glad to have some company.

laura, how old are you (if you don't mind my asking) and have you been pregnant before?

i won't actually be trying for the next few months but i feel that i can begin to prepare my body for it.

i've been reading the pregnancy board at celiac.com and the good news is that those ladies do conceive once they've resolve the gluten problem. i'm beginning to see some discussion of vitamin d deficiency over there too and how it affects the thyroid. its such a specific balance in our sweet organisms.

dr. thys-jacobs used to say that she would get me prego as soon as i stabilized. so, stick to the diet! that is probably the most important factor and keep stress to a minimum.

were you able to find a good doctor who understands all the implications of vitamin d and gluten intolerance? are you IgA and IgG deficient too?

debra, i read some stuff about women having antibodies to fight sperm. since i'm allergic to everything else what do you think the chances are of intolerance to "spermazoa gluten"?

thanks again. a

can i have (and hold) a pregnancy? 10 Oct 2007 12:30 #8762

• Bast
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Boy Alex,

Allergic to Sperm? Yes, I've heard of some women being allergic to sperm but since you're IgA deficient I wonder if you even produce those antibodies since they would occur in the mucosa of the vaginal lining. For you it would have to be either an IgE or IgG response but you'd have to be tested. However the only way to know for sure would be to combine vaginal secretions with live sperm and see what happens. I would imagine your doctor could use an ELISA assay to confirm if antibodies where present.

can i have (and hold) a pregnancy? 10 Oct 2007 20:57 #8763

• Bast
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
No problem at all - I'm 31, and trying to conceive my first child.  My husband has a 10-year-old daughter.  So right now, we're assuming his sperm are good :-) 

I had back surgery in January, so we were going to wait until next year to start trying.  But I felt so great and healthy, that we started to try a couple months ago.  ;)   Right now, I am taking: A multivitamin, 1 extra folic acid, Calcium w/D, extra Vit. D, Fish oil.  I think I will just bump up the fish oil, given my tummy problems. 

I have just found a GI doc who knows Celiac (even though she had no clue about PMDD and my artificial disc replacement).  My small bowel series came back normal, and I'm having an endoscopy next week, just as a baseline - she said it may very well come back 'normal' since I"ve been GF for 5 years.  So, if we end up having problems, I know she will work with my ob/gyn. 

Allergic to sperm?  Yikes, I don't need something else to worry about  :P

Hope others join us here!

can i have (and hold) a pregnancy? 10 Oct 2007 21:00 #8764

• Bast
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I forgot to tell you about Pre-Seed.  It's a sperm-friendly lubricant that helps them live longer in us as they make their way to the egg.  It's also a really great lubricant :P  Just google it, you can find it online.  Personally, I bought the packets, and 1/2 a packet each time works just fine  :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds