Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss topics concerning pregnancy, fertility and reproductive issues. Registered members only

TOPIC: Pregnant!!!!!!

Pregnant!!!!!! 17 Nov 2007 13:11 #8787

• lzalvis
  • lzalvis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks, sunflower!!

Debra, I went right out  to Whole Foods and got 'proper' vitamins - Calcium w/D & Mag. and Fish OIl that was mercury free, 3rd party tested.  I was impressed that the employee I asked about needing 'mercury free fish oil' knew that it should be 3rd party tested.  I also started using a day-by-day pill keeper, so I know that I've had all my vitamins. 

L

Pregnant!!!!!! 17 Nov 2007 13:24 #8788

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
ACK!!  :shock:  I just read the closed post about Calcium and Magnesium, and sure am glad I did.  Wish I'd read it before I got those new Calcium/D/Mag supplements - they have too much magnesium in them.  Calcium - 1000mg, Vitamin D - 300IU, and Magnesium - 500mg.   I've been taking 2 a day for a few days!!  Sorry!!! 

So maybe I"ll take 1 of these a day, and then finish with the other ones that don't have the Magnesium in them?  Will that balance it out? 

Again, I say, ACK!! 

Pregnant!!!!!! 17 Nov 2007 13:41 #8789

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
[user=128]lzalvis[/user] wrote:

ACK!!  :shock:  I just read the closed post about Calcium and Magnesium, and sure am glad I did.  Wish I'd read it before I got those new Calcium/D/Mag supplements - they have too much magnesium in them.  Calcium - 1000mg, Vitamin D - 300IU, and Magnesium - 500mg.   I've been taking 2 a day for a few days!!  Sorry!!! 

So maybe I"ll take 1 of these a day, and then finish with the other ones that don't have the Magnesium in them?  Will that balance it out? 

Again, I say, ACK!! 

Laura,

Hold on, don't freak out ;).....Did you notice any changes in your GI transit? Magnesium tends to have a diarrhea effect. If you did then you probably over did it.
You don't have to apologize to me, :) just make sure you read the labels. Taking that dose for a couple days isn't going to hurt you or the baby.

Print out those RDA/ DRI vitamin and mineral charts I posted for you and compare those nutrients amounts suggested for pregnancy with those on your vitamin and minerals. You may want to print out the Upper tolerable intake table so you feel a little better about knowing where your limits are.
(with the exception of vitamin D which should be a bit higher)

Don't worry a few days isn't going to be a big deal.

Pregnant!!!!!! 17 Nov 2007 16:04 #8790

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Debra,

No, no 'transit' issues yet, no diarrhea.  But I shouldn't probably continue on such a high daily dose, because if I take 2 of those tablets that's 1000mg Magnesium a day :shock:

I will print those out when I get to work next week.

Thanks, laura

Pregnant!!!!!! 27 Nov 2007 22:24 #8791

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Debra,

FYI - my GI Dr. called me this morning (as in, SHE herself actually called me!!  Caught me off guard....).  Anyway, she said all my Vit. B & C levels are normal!  Yay!  Good to know as I continue into pregnancy

Laura

Pregnant!!!!!! 28 Nov 2007 01:57 #8792

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Such great news laura....especially about the B vitamins. I don't remember if you had your D levels done lately?

Good news, thanks for letting me know.:)

Pregnant!!!!!! 01 Dec 2007 03:43 #8793

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
They checked my D levels a couple months after they caught the low number, and they were back up to normal, 40 I think.  Should I have the D levels checked routinely during pregnancy?

Pregnant!!!!!! 01 Dec 2007 04:11 #8794

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Laura,

If you can get them to check it during your pregnancy and your insurance will cover it, than yes by all means have them check it.

Pregnant!!!!!! 06 Feb 2008 07:56 #8795

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Just checking in to say all is well here!  I actually had a scare over New Year's - I started bleeding and they diagnosed me with a subchorionic hemorrhage.  I was on bedrest for a few days, and 4 days later, the hemorrhage had resolved almost completely! 

So it's life back to 'normal', although that changes daily.....I"m 16 weeks now, and still don't have much of an appetite.  I have to force in what I need, and I'm sure it's still not enough.  Debra, I have had more cheese the past few months than you would probably like, and not always the 2% variety.  But many days that is ALL I could get down, seriously.  I've also had to deal with cravings in interesting ways; but overall, I think I'm doing pretty well staying on the diet. 

Pregnant!!!!!! 06 Feb 2008 11:33 #8796

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Laura,

I've been thinking about you......Don't worry about full fat cheese. Do the full fat if you don't have much of an appetite, the full fat will give you extra needed calories, besides you're going to need extra fat and especially the essential fatty acids for the baby's brain development.

I'm sorry to hear about your scare, that's got to be a tough thing to go through but the bed rest could be a great time to catch up on reading or surfing :D.

Thank you for checking in, it's good to hear how you're getting along.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds