Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss topics concerning pregnancy, fertility and reproductive issues. Registered members only

TOPIC: Pregnant!!!!!!

Pregnant!!!!!! 30 Mar 2008 02:19 #8798

• lzalvis
  • lzalvis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
24 weeks and doing well!!  Also - it's a Girl!!!  She's right on schedule and looks healthy on the ultrasound. 

My appetite is better, although I do have 'bad' cravings :P .  But I try to limit it; like, 1 can of a caffeinated/aspartame beverage a week or something. 

I've only put on 12 lbs. so far, which I guess is good.  Everybody says they can't really tell I"m pregnant - "where's your bump??"  I mean, I have one, but I"m not huge yet.  I am, however, still pretty tired all the time.  I get some exercise, just not like I would prefer. 

Well, that's my update!

Pregnant!!!!!! 30 Mar 2008 13:45 #8799

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Laura,

Wow, 24 weeks and you're barely showing??? I would say that's good, except you could balloon up pretty good in the next 2 months so enjoy it while you can...:D

I've been wondering about how you were doing. Do you like your OB? Have they been monitoring your nutrient levels (vit D) in particular. I've read a few articles about babies born in the summer months where the mom is getting plenty of sun exposure having stronger immune systems....makes sense to me.

So get outdoors as much as you can in the next 2 months!!

Oh and Congratulations on it being a GIRL, we need more girls in the world....any names yet?

How's the hubby and the rest of your family doing? How's your back holding up?

Pregnant!!!!!! 07 Apr 2008 00:16 #8800

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
well, I think the cold weather clothes contribute to the 'barely showing' :).  Believe me, I can wear certain maternity clothes and *I* think I look pregnant....and yes, you're right, I will definitely balloon up at some point!  But I"m thankful now for each week that goes by where I"m manageable (my size). 

I adore my OB.  She is very down-to-earth, and from the beginning told me to keep living as 'normal' as possible.  She has helped keep me sane, calm, and very anxiety-free.  I am continuing to take my extra Vitamin D, and fish oil, along with the regular pregnancy vit. 

My back has been doing rather well, cannot complain.  Sure, I have some mild back pain, but it is one more reason I am SO thankful I haven't exploded in size yet.  Besides a good sleeping pillow, I have a great Prenatal Yoga DVD that does wonders for my back and other muscles. 

Hubby is good, he's SO excited.  Loves to rub and kiss my tummy, talk to her, etc.  He was hoping for a girl even more than me :D

Now, I will admit that I have given into more cravings being pregnant than I did before pregnancy.  But I try to find better outlets.  For instance, Whole Foods has a great house brand soda made with cane sugar.  And I"m shopping at a Farmer's Market for better choices in produce, so I eat it more.  Still drinking lots of milk, too!

Pregnant!!!!!! 08 Apr 2008 17:02 #8797

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Laura,

Good to hear you are making good choices. Cravings can be very tough to ignore during pregnancy so just go ahead and give into them (you know your limitations)

I much prefer cane sugar to high fructose corn syrup or artificial sweeteners.  I do believe Jones soda also uses cane sugar, most chain stores carries it. I think we talked about Jones before. 

I'm sorry I didn't see your post yesterday, for some reason when you post the yellow square doesn't show up so I need to pay attention to the date of your posts.

Thanks for the update, it's always good to see that someone with Celiac/gluten intolerance can improver fertility with a good diet. :D

Pregnant!!!!!! 03 Jun 2008 21:37 #8801

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
6 weeks to go!!  She's a very wiggly little thing :)  I had to see a perinatologist to check on her kidneys (they're fine).  Bonus is we got a *great* look at her, at about 31 weeks.  It was amazing.  They even printed us a frontal face view - I swear she has chubby cheeks!  AND she was about 4 lbs. 2 oz.  Sounds huge to me, but she was smack in the middle of the growth curve.

I've put on 25 lbs so far, but everybody still cannot believe I"m due so soon to look at me - I swear, the weight is there and has gone somewhere!  If I don't wear my compression hose (which I do, almost every day), I get a little swelling in my feet.  But I"m not overly swollen or anything.  I'm tired, some heartburn and occasional back pain.  GTT and anemia tests were fine, BP still normal (90/60). 

Still trying to stay on the diet, as best I can.  And I continue to warn my husband to watch out for symptoms of post-partum depression after delivery.  I remind him what I was like pre-PMDD diagnosis - that very dark and scary place :(

Pregnant!!!!!! 03 Jun 2008 21:59 #8802

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hey Laura...THANKS FOR THE UPDATE!

6 weeks to go...I'm sure it'll go fast. Don't worry about Postpartum now, even if it sets in as it does normally..... you know you can handle it. Just think if you hadn't gotten the PMDD in control before you got pregnant ....then I might be a bit more worried. As it is your doctor checked you out thoroughly and you had a great check-up pre-pregnancy.

Thank goodness for support hosiery :D, I've been wearing my spanks under my white Capri's....yes they work very well! They remind me of support hosiery, our modern day girdles.

so if your baby girl is 4.2 and you've already gained 25 pounds then you have a few more pounds to gain :)....eat well, eat well.

Oh...one more thing...congratulations on the great report!!

Pregnant!!!!!! 10 Jul 2008 11:27 #8803

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
38.5 weeks (but who's counting???) ;)  We had a bit of false labor excitement last week, but no baby yet :(  I was dilated to 2cm, though, so we'll see what Dr. says today. 

At that appt, I had gained 31 lbs. total, so hopefully it will kind of stay there.  Everyone is still surprised at how small I am, and that it's 'all up front'.  I don't feel that way, but OK!! 

I also recently discovered that Rice Chex are gluten free.  Not sure if this cereal is OK or not, as it's probably white rice-based instead of brown.  But I needed a crunchy snack change-up, so I've been munching on it occasionally. 

Laura

Pregnant!!!!!! 10 Jul 2008 12:04 #8804

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Laura,

I've been wondering about you! Thanks for the update. How have you been feeling? 31 pounds is really good, except the baby is problaby only 7 pounds of it :D Don't worry you're going to need that extra weight if you decide to breast feed, which is mother natures way of padding up just in case you face starvation. :) Well 10 pounds is water weight you will also lose right away.

Rice chex....yeah, I posted about it a while ago here. Snack away or add a few peanuts and m&m's as a treat.

Pregnant!!!!!! 22 Jul 2008 22:23 #8805

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hey Laura,

I know you must be busy but.... How's it Going....Mama?

Pregnant!!!!!! 29 Jul 2008 00:29 #8775

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I had a beautiful baby girl on Thursday, 7/24 @ 3:26 pm.  Sarah Claire was 7lb 12 oz of cuteness with a full head of really dark hair. 

Unfortunately, the following evening, I started to have horrible tearfulness, emotional lability and depression.  My husband almost didn't go home that night.  It seems to get worse in teh evening and nighttime.  It's not the 'I want to harm anyone or my child' thing.  It's exactly like what I felt before I was diagnosed with PMDD.  and with all the hormones, I'm just not sure how fast the strict dietary alterations would take effect.  Besides, I have NO appetite (oddly enough), and have to force food and even fluids.  So yes, if I have a slight taste for something 'bad', I need to eat it :P  Anyway, I'm thinking of getting on a medication again, just for a little while, until things start to stabilize. 

I still have really bad sacral/leg pain that makes it hard to walk sometimes, and my perineal pain is still bad (it took the Dr. 2 hours to fix things because I was SO extremely swollen and the tissues fragile).  So I haven't even been out of the house yet, even though I want to get out to feel better.

Anyway, that's the update.  Gotta go wake her to breastfeed - that is going well, at least :)
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds