Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss topics concerning pregnancy, fertility and reproductive issues. Registered members only

TOPIC: 3 months, no baby - thoughts?

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 09 Nov 2007 23:50 #8823

• lzalvis
  • lzalvis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
OK, so 3 months and no pregnancy.  Currently I am taking:  MVI, extra Folic, Calcium w/D, extra D, fish oil.  I am also eating the Revival Soy products from cycle day 1 thru ovulation, and this past cycle was great!  I ovulated 5 day sooner and had a good temp change. 

But, as each month goes by, I wonder if there is any natural supplementation I could be doing to increase fertility?  I have read a lot about Maca root, in powder form.  Thoughts? 

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 10 Nov 2007 00:47 #8824

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Laura,

Patience, patience, patience...although I know how hard it is to hear those words, you're doing excellent so keep up the good work.

The fact that you ovulated 5 days sooner is also a very good sign :), this is indicative of a better hormone balance as well as increasing your chances of a good implantation.

I have heard of Maca root, but will have to look into it myself to see if there's really any harm in it.

You might want to increase your zinc a little, you'll find good sources of zinc in oysters, conch and yes pork. You can read more about zinc here

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 11 Nov 2007 02:39 #8825

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Ack!  I know, I have zero patience.  But thanks for your words of confirmation and encouragement.  :)

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 11 Nov 2007 20:29 #8826

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Laura,

Well, I've look around and can't really find anything bad about Maca root. There's no US based scientific research or nutrient analysis....but I'll keep looking, since I would think that somewhere in South America...in particular Peru where it's grown and consumed somebody has to have some info about it. I always like to check the FDA on adverse reactions to see if anyone has made a formal complaint...you can check the FDA MedWatch website anytime you have a question or concern about anything you may take.

I did find a website that indicates it's a close cousin to ginseng which is why it may act somewhat like a stimulant.

If you do decide to take it, be sure and find a "reliable" company or someone you would trust. And be sure and stop taking it as soon as you think you've conceived. This is my opinion on any food supplement we don't have good research on.

Better to be safe than sorry.;)

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 18 Jun 2010 16:45 #8827

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I"m back.  We had to put off conceiving until now because my back acted up again, and I've been thru treatments.  I'm not pain free, but I"m as good as I will be and we are cleared to conceive.

We actually tried 2 months already.  Last month I did the soy isoflavones, CD 2-9, and it was a *nightmare*.  I didn't ovulate, and had a period so fast and heavy that I bled thru everywhere, was lightheaded, tachycardic, went to see my Gyn.  So I"m not keen on doing the soy anymore. 

This month, I had a great natural cycle - actually I pretty steadily ovulate around CD19, LP is 10days, my temp shifts were great, cervical mucus good.  In fact, as my period approached I felt SOO good that I was sure I was pregnant! (guess my diet was great too then!) I was so hopeful, but no :-( .

Now from last time, you know how impatient I get :?.  So again, I want to run down what I"m doing, and ask you about other things.

I take multivitamin every other day, and on the alternate days I take a hefty time-release B-complex (I'm not near the bottle right now).  also I just got a bottle of Omega 3-6-9 (up til now I would just take O-3).  Then Calcium and vitamin D.  We use Preseed when we have sex to conceive.  I drink lots of water.  I use FAM to detect my fertile period and ovulation. 

On another board, I read about things like maca root, pregnancy teas, Fertiliaid, Vitex, royal jelly, etc. etc.  Not that I want to start trying all that stuff, I dont' think I have anything to 'correct'.  I'm just wondering what else naturally can I do to better conceive faster.  the Tea seems pretty safe, but is it hogwash? 

Advice appreciated :)

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 18 Jun 2010 18:49 #8828

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Laura,

It's really good to hear from you! :D Okay the only advice I have for you right now is sunlight...natural vitamin D. Get your levels tested and shoot for 50. I've been reading a lot about fertility and vitamin D. Get in the sun for 10 or so minutes at the peak of the day. 10am-3pm right now. Don't worry about sun block unless you want to stay out longer.

Oh, and relax, relax, relax...do not get uptight or stressed.  Go get a massage, or acupuncture. But what ever you do get your vit D levels up up up.

Good luck, How's baby #1 doing? bet she's getting big.

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 18 Jun 2010 23:21 #8829

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
10 minutes a day isn' too hard, because the little one looooves to run outside.  And I have a garden to work in.  And the days that I"m at work (3 days/week), all cooped up without windows, I do walk outside at lunch and literally just soak in the sun.  I'd like to go for lunchtime walks, but sometimes the humidity, heat and smog are just too much.  I'll call my Dr. and see if I can get a lab draw for the Vit. D.  

Patience and relax, I know.... :P 

Baby #1 will be 2 next month :shock: I'll try to attach a picture...I have a photography business (I'm building it so I can quit my day job), and she is my favorite subject :)

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 19 Jun 2010 14:03 #8830

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Can't wait to see her....so excited

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 21 Jun 2010 22:41 #8831

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Here she is...just looking at her makes everything you've done worth every minute. Here's to baby #2 to come soon.

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 21 Jun 2010 22:43 #8832

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Okay, finally, had to re-size it down a bit...big file, but the quality wasn't compromised too much. Wow Laura you are such a good photographer. I'm assuming you did this photo yourself? Sarah is so beautiful!
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds