Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss topics concerning pregnancy, fertility and reproductive issues. Registered members only

TOPIC: 3 months, no baby - thoughts?

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 11 Aug 2010 01:18 #8833

• lzalvis
  • lzalvis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Yes, the image is mine :)  She was playing with her dolls by the window in her room, and in a rare moment looked up at me. 

In other news, I had some labs done....I'm glad I called for the actual results, because the Dr. office just left me a message that said "they're normal".  Well, my Vit. D is 30, and the range is 30-100.  So I"m barely at normal.  And you said shoot for 50, right?  also, the notes beneath the results read "levels between 20-30 suggest insufficiency". 

Besides sunlight, how much Vit. D supplementing should I be doing?

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 11 Aug 2010 19:57 #8834

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Laura,

The current Upper limit of vitamin D is 2,000 IU's but with new research that level will be increased most likely to 8-10,000IU's. Now after saying that I error on the side of caution so stick with the 2,000IU and get out in the sun.

Thanks for stopping by, hoping all is well with you;...still trying to conceive #2?

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 12 Aug 2010 00:34 #8835

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I was out in the sun for lunch today! 

Yup, we're on month 4 of trying to conceive #2.  patiently....waiting.....

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 01 Sep 2010 12:58 #8836

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Ok, so my body canNOT take soy this time around....when I got pregnant with Sarah, you may recall that soy actually DID the trick for me.  I took it cycle days 2-9 - earlier, stronger ovulation, and a baby. 

Well, somehow now, after having a baby, my cycles are WAY better than they were before (I started charting again earlier thisyear) - earlier ovulation, even temps, etc.  But somehow I felt the need to 'try' the soy again.  dumb.  Very dumb.  I'm having a 2nd anovulatory cycle, and just waiting for it to end.

So basically, while trying to get pregnant, I need to stay AWAY from soy, at least before I ovulate.  Maybe all together. so other than my soy protein shakes, tofu, edamame - what else has soy (or really the phyto-estrogens) that I need to stay away from?  Isn't there something about not warming up your food in cheap plastic containers? 

I"m so mad at myself....

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 01 Sep 2010 20:29 #8837

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Laura,

It's funny how the body changes after a pregnancy...you never know what's happening or why it seems. Interesting...soy would take a different reaction, that's one for the books for me. Sorry I'm just now seeing your post-darn-it no yellow tab this time.

Laura, could it be that your body just isn't ready yet to conceive...how much stress have you been under recently? How do you know for sure you aren't ovulating?

Well, anyway I think you're thinking of PVC or maybe Bisphenol-A or BPA in plastic. PVC and phthalates been shown to act like an oestrogen. BPA has recently been linked to cancer and other hormone type problems.

Check this website for more helpful info

It dawns on me I didn't answer your question:

No need to really worry too much about soy oils, isoflavones are a product of the protein. Wondering if you should be tested for a soy sensitivity?

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 07 Sep 2010 11:44 #8838

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
For years I have been charting my cycle using FAM (temperature and cervical mucus).  The 2 cycles I used soy, my temperatures do not reflect ovulation.  For every other cycle, there is a clear pattern of low pre-ovulatory temps, then around day 18-19, there's a clear pattern of higher post-ovulatory temps to indicate I ovulated. 

But the 2 soy cycles do not reflect this, my temp is all over the place. 

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 07 Sep 2010 12:48 #8839

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Well that's gotta be hard to determine then.

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 01 Dec 2010 23:19 #8840

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
month #8 of trying..... I went to whole foods today to get some more fish oil.  But I saw that they had soy in them, and no one could really tell me what or anything.  and since my body seems sensitive right now to soy, I didn't want to chance it.  So I got the flaxseed oil, which actually has omega 3, 6 and 9.  That should be fine, right?  fulfill my omega needs and be safe for trying to get pregnant? 

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 02 Dec 2010 13:36 #8841

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Laura,

So happy to hear from you...Thanks for the update.

You can find fish oil without soy...it's most likely soy oil not soy protein anyway. The major fatty acid in flax-seed oil is ALA still an essential omega 3 fatty acid but not converted in the body very well to DHA, which is the omega 3 fatty acid needed for the brain and pregnancy. You can still get plenty of DHA in fatty fish like salmon, halibut, herring, sardines and others.

Laura, are you still doing acupuncture? Is your life more stressful this year? Hang in there, the minute you stop trying (in your mind) the faster you'll conceive...:)

3 months, no baby - thoughts? 03 Dec 2010 00:11 #8842

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
glad I asked.  I haven't opened it, so I'll return it and just get a regular fish oil.  I'm sure I was being paranoid about the soy in it anyway :-P.  but with a toddler running loose at my feet in the store, I wasn't making decisions very well...

I've never done acupuncture.  life is stressful, yes, but Iv'e been working on making it less so this year.  but with each month that goes by, I get less and less expectant of being pregnant, which means I stress less about it....
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds