Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss topics concerning pregnancy, fertility and reproductive issues. Registered members only
  • Page:

TOPIC: Diarrhea!!

Diarrhea!! 01 Dec 2007 03:47 #8847

• lzalvis
  • lzalvis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
OK, I know I"m hogging these pregnancy boards....

The past few days I have had *diarrhea* like nobody's business :shock:  (I"m about 6 1/2 weeks right now).  Coincidentally, the poops kicked in the same time as my extreme exhaustion (and I do mean extreeeeeme), nausea and headaches.  So I"m guessing they're all connected to hormones?

I did see online that diarrhea is a somewhat common, yet not discussed, issue of early pregnancy.  Unfortunately, I"m not that hungry, and I am staying thirsty.  Even fluids make me feel full and bloated.

I stay away from Sports Drinks because of the high fructose corn syrup.   Do you have any suggestions for me?  My bottom is literally painful from this.  And sometimes it comes on quick.  Help!

Oh - the first day I thought maybe it was Magnesium, but I haven't had one of those Cal/Mag supplements in days now. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Diarrhea!! 01 Dec 2007 04:31 #8848

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Please hog away, no one else is posting about pregnancy so please feel free to post away. I'll do the best that I can to answer any question.

The diarrhea is probably something transitional, but I don't think it would hurt to take your calcium and magnesium tablet. You're probably losing minerals/electrolytes at a much higher rate so the additional minerals can't really hurt if the diarrhea continues. It's probably the increase of progesterone causing the diarrhea or it could be associated with the hCG the fetus is producing.

There are other sport drinks without so much high fructose corn syrup, I'll see what I can find for you. Do you like mineral water? It might be a good substitute with an additional banana or half banana what ever you can choke down.

The first trimester is the hardest, don't be alarmed if you even lose a few pounds before you start to gain again. Just choke down as much as you can, soups and broths might help keep the fluids up and give you a little sodium.

I'll get back to you on the sport drinks.

Diarrhea!! 01 Dec 2007 14:48 #8849

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Here's a very informative pod cast about diarrhea from Healthology:

It's 10 minutes long and covers all kinds of causes and reasons, good general news:

When Should You Be Concerned About Diarrhea

Diarrhea!! 01 Dec 2007 14:56 #8850

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Oh, I forgot to mention, one of the Doctors recommened Pedialyte for diarreha, not a bad idea.:D

Here's Ross's website . You should be able to find this at your local drugstore.

Diarrhea!! 20 Dec 2007 04:34 #8851

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Laura,

How are you doing? How's the pregnancy going? Any more issues with the big D?

Diarrhea!! 24 Dec 2007 16:34 #8852

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Well, luckily the diarrhea stopped after about a week.  Most of my nausea and appetite aversions are gone as well.  Just the exhaustion still hanging around :?  But I"m 10 weeks now so hopefully in a few weeks the fog/coma will lift!

Diarrhea!! 24 Dec 2007 19:08 #8853

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Laura,

Thank you for posting, I was starting to worry about you.

Hang in there you'll come out of it soon.

p.s.

Hope you're having a Happy Holiday :D

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds