Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss topics concerning pregnancy, fertility and reproductive issues. Registered members only
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ovarian Cysts

Ovarian Cysts 11 Apr 2008 00:47 #8855

• solstice
  • solstice's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I swear I've been getting them every month. I remember when I had a large one about 5 years ago (that I had removed) it affected my diet...I couldnt stomach much food wise. I tend to have stomach issues around the time I ovulate...like RIGHT NOW. Ok, I probably ovulated a few days ago. My stomach is unusually swollen right now and I often dont feel well in my abdomen, especially after eating carbs---is that weird?

Also...I'm a worry wart---am I more likely to develop ovarian cancer because I get so many cysts?

Ovarian Cysts 11 Apr 2008 19:05 #8856

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
No that doesn't sound weird....have you been tested for PCOS, it's not uncommon to have both a gluten sensitivity and PCOS.

More reasons to talk to an endocrinologist about being tested. Women with PCOS are also prone to diabetes.

Cancer is also something to worry about if it runs in your family. Anyone with Ovarian cancer???

Ovarian Cysts 12 Apr 2008 00:05 #8857

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
so is PCOS a result of hormone levels?  HOw do you get tested for it?

no one with ovarian cancer...my materal aunt had thyroid cancer at 40 and my maternal grandmother had colon cancer.  Both beat their cancers.  A maternal great aunt had breast cancer and died from it.  No cancer at all on my dad's side.

Ovarian Cysts 12 Apr 2008 23:38 #8858

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
[user=517]solstice[/user] wrote:

so is PCOS a result of hormone levels?  How do you get tested for it?

Yes, PCOS is a result of a high testosterone levels (low progesterone) and can cause diabetes in women who have it. It's caused by high insulin levels that interfere with the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. High levels of testosterone can stop a woman from ovulating correctly, causing cysts to form on the ovary. I think you need to be tested. Just like any other autoimmune problem, there's a wide spectrum of the condition from very mild to very severe.

You can read more about PCOS here :

Ovarian Cysts 15 Apr 2008 18:36 #8860

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I was back at my holistic dr. today and she thinks I've gotten rid of most of my yeast and says my immune system is doing better...  She wants me on Blessed THistle for my ovarian cysts...ever worked with that herb?  I'm not to start taking it until after my next cycle ends...so in about 2 weeks.

Ovarian Cysts 15 Apr 2008 20:00 #8861

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Solstice,

Nope, never heard of Blessed thistle, Ive heard of milk thistle tho.

If your holistic doctor is not doing blood tests or cultures, how does she know your immune system is doing better and that yeast is abated?

Is she some kind of psychic healer or something? :)

Ovarian Cysts 16 Apr 2008 00:54 #8859

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
ha ha...I guess she's kind of a witch doctor...that's what my husband calls her anyway. She practices iridology so everything is by mapping out my eyes. Sounds weird I know, but I like her and I'm just going to go with it for now!!

Ovarian Cysts 16 Apr 2008 01:50 #8862

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Solstice,

Are you finding her recommendations helpful? Is she really a true doctor or naturopath with a license to practice? If iridology was a verifiable holistic practice there would be more scientific evidence available. From what I could find online there seems to be quite a lot of scepticism to out right charges of quackery of those who practice it.

My apologies, I think I'd have more confidence in a psychic healer, if I could find one.;)

Ovarian Cysts 16 Apr 2008 12:50 #8863

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I am finding her helpful...it's weird...there is something about her that I really like and trust.  She isnt selling me anything and only charges 20 bucks.

Ovarian Cysts 19 Apr 2008 19:27 #8864

• solstice
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
[user=517]solstice[/user] wrote:

I am finding her helpful...it's weird...there is something about her that I really like and trust.  She isnt selling me anything and only charges 20 bucks.

So she isn't selling you the herbals she recommends to you? That would be my first clue. Her services are only $20 but she makes $100 bucks off the supplements. :D

Sorry Solstice, I have a real problem with so called health professionals selling supplements, it just seems so conflict of interest to me, but then again it can't be any worse than the pharmaceutical companies ghost writing research articles for doctors to put their name on. Have you heard about that?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds