Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss topics concerning pregnancy, fertility and reproductive issues. Registered members only
  • Page:

TOPIC: Luteal Phase Defect

Luteal Phase Defect 25 Sep 2009 02:15 #8886

• lzalvis
  • lzalvis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Not sure if you can shed any light on this, but you know I"m going to ask it anyway :P  When we got pregnant with Sarah (which was on our 3rd time trying), my LPs were about 10-11 days, if memory serves me.  The past 3 cycles, it's been more like 8 days, 11 days, 7/8 days.  So again, I"m concerned about a luteal phase defect.  I"m going to start temping again this month, so I"ll have more accurate data. 

I had read that a good B-complex vitamin can possibly help lengthen LPs (or at least, for some of us, a natural place to start).  Just looking for your dietary advice here.

We're not trying for at least another 6 months, but I want to be in tip-top shape when we do :)

Thanks as always!

P.S. Since my period did start today, I've actually been feeling great for being pre-period!

Luteal Phase Defect 25 Sep 2009 15:00 #8887

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Laura,

Good to hear you had a good cycle. :)

Yes, a B-Complex may help but if you have any prenatal vitamins left over you might read the label for good levels of the B vitamins. I like the idea of a little extra iron and folate in those with late luteal defect. And of course eating a wide variety of fruits and vegetables is always a good thing.

Oh, one other thing...don't forget to ask your physician to check your vitamin D levels, we're entering the time of the year when we won't be able to make it naturally in the skin. If you're low you'll want to make sure your levels rise before you get pregnant.

Luteal Phase Defect 27 Sep 2009 00:57 #8888

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I didn't take an actual 'prenatal' vitamin.  My MD said I could take my regular vitamin, with an extra folic acid and fish oil.  and yes, I'll be taking extra Vitamin D this winter.  I see my OB in Jan/Feb for my annual, I can ask her to draw it.  wow, I guess I totally forgot about taking all these vitamins for months before I get pregnant.....weird!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds