Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss topics concerning pregnancy, fertility and reproductive issues. Registered members only

TOPIC: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 30 Dec 2011 16:19 #8923

• lzalvis
  • lzalvis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
yeah, this whole year of fertility problems and miscarriages have just stunk :X.  But we're starting another cycle right now, so hoping 2012 is a better year. 

I'm not going dairy free, just cutting down as much as possible.  Honestly, eliminating all the milk I drank is 70-80% of my dairy consumption.  I try to gear toward the dry, aged cheeses when possible.  But Greek Yogurt is a great source of protein for me, as I am not someone who gets protein in easily.  And thanks to you, I made the switch from sugared/flavored yogurts to the plain stuff :P

But I"m going to try Hemp milk, since almond milk didn't really float my boat. 

I"m going to take this new year as an opportunity to go thru all my shelves, pantries, fridge, freezer, etc and just re-evaluate food, throw away, clean out, etc.  I got some buckwheat flour and haven't yet made the noodles .....

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 31 Dec 2011 13:59 #8924

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hey Laura,

I wanted to let you know about a new website that I support as a sponsor called the Gluten-free Watchdog. It's run by an expert celiac dietitian-- Tricia Thompson.  Tricia is testing gluten-free labeled foods for gluten contamination. She's found several GF labeled products, one that's even certified GF that contain more than 20ppm gluten. I would invite you to join her website and watch for new product testing. It's $4.99 a month.

I can honestly say it's helped me steer my clients away for a couple products I've recommended.

Here's the link www.glutenfreewatchdog.org

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 19 Oct 2012 11:17 #8925

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
How's it going Laura?
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds