• Page:

TOPIC: Sore breasts

Sore breasts 01 May 2007 02:52 #2791

• hapy4dolphins
  • hapy4dolphins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
HI Deb,
 I"ve been having some trouble with sore breasts the last two months. Not sure why. I think it's the milk ducts areas. Any ideas?
Nicole

Sore breasts 01 May 2007 11:25 #2792

• hapy4dolphins
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Nicole,

Yes, sore breasts may be a dietary consequence of increased saturated fats. Have you increased your saturated fat intake these past cycles? Sources include full fat dairy, milk, cheese, even 2% cottage cheese and milk contain a good amount of sat. fats. Other food products like red meats (hamburger, pork, steaks, ham) even too many egg yolks are high in sat fats. Are you cooking or using more butter or margarine that includes trans-fats in your baking? Are you eating more fried foods? Processed foods, even gluten free ones use unhealthy hydrogenated fats....crackers, gf breads, cakes, you name it.

Other reasons for sore breasts could also relate to lower intakes of good fats and essential fatty acids that fight inflamation and the pain response. Increased pain is always a physical response of a system imbalance. Also problems related with increased water retention, a possible increase in estrogen levels, and mineral deficiency also play a role.

My first suggestion is that you cut out all saturated fats for a while (and always keep saturated animal fats less than 15-20 grams a day) and total fat to no more than 25-30% of your daily calories and stick with fruits, vegetables and fatty fish or fish oil that are higher in the omega 3's. If the pain response is too much for you, take an aspirin if your stomach can handle it.

See Dietary Guidelines below:

WHAT IS YOUR UPPER LIMIT ON FAT FOR THE CALORIES YOU CONSUME?

Total Calories per Day
Saturated Fat in Grams
Total Fat in Grams

[line]

1,600 Kcals per day
18 g or less of sat fat
53 g or less of total fat

2,000* Kcals per day
20g or less of sat fat
65g or less of total fat

2,200 Kcals per day
24g or less of sat fat
73g or less of total fat

2,500* Kcals per day
25g or less of sat fat
80g or less of total fat

2,800 Kcals per day
31g or less of sat fat
93g or less total fat

*Percent Daily Values on Nutrition Facts Labels are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Values for 2,000 and 2,500 calories are rounded to the nearest 5 grams to be consistent with the Nutrition Facts Label.

Otherwise, how's everything going for you overall?

Sore breasts 01 May 2007 17:17 #2793

• hapy4dolphins
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
OK, I'll pay attention to it. I have been eating more meat and dairy lately. Craving Talipia (fish) and Crunch peanutbutter like crazy. I was tempted to buy a pregnancy test at the store this morning, but I didn't.
Thanks for the input.
Nicole

Sore breasts 01 May 2007 20:44 #2794

• hapy4dolphins
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Oh ....:shock:.....I didn't even think about the pregnancy possiblity- my bad. Time will tell however.

Sore breasts 01 May 2007 21:08 #2795

• hapy4dolphins
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Debra for all the information about sore breasts.  I, too, have been having sore breasts for about a week.  I've been taking in a lot of 1% organic milk, eggs, and hamburger meat.  Now I know.  I am going to print this information for myself as a reminder.  I know I need to eat better....it's so hard especially when you have to cook for other family members. 

Sore breasts 01 May 2007 21:19 #2796

• hapy4dolphins
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm so glad to be of help however I can...:D

Being aware of saturated fats in red meat is only half the battle, it's funny how it can all add up. 

Sore breasts 02 May 2007 01:55 #2797

• hapy4dolphins
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ok, I couldn't stand it anymore. Pregnancy test is neg. tonight and it was neg. quite quickly.
Nicole

Sore breasts 16 May 2007 20:11 #2798

• hapy4dolphins
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Nicole, I hope that's good news for you.

Sore breasts 16 May 2007 21:56 #2799

• hapy4dolphins
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
HI, It's fine. We haven't been trying. It's just my hopeful hope somehow.
N
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds