• Page:

TOPIC: cook book suggestion

cook book suggestion 12 Apr 2009 18:12 #2996

• Rachelle
  • Rachelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
This cook book is available on Amazon.  I bought it at my local health food store.  I live in a small town and the ladies that own the store are very helpful and "hands on" with what they sell. The name of the book is Allergy Cooking with Ease.  I have made a few dessert recipies and they are good!  The cook book itself excludes more foods than the cycle diet does but has many gluten free and GOOD dessert recipes I think it is worth the suggestion.

The only drawback is that some of the ingedients it calls for I have not heard of...because it covers MANY allergies.  The ladies at the health food store know there stuff so they always know what it is and it is all natural.  It even has recipies for gravies....something I thought I was going to miss.

Rachelle

cook book suggestion 13 Apr 2009 10:43 #2997

• Rachelle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Rachelle,

Thank you for your cook book suggestion. However I haven't checked into that one yet so I won't be suggesting it to anyone before I do. Many of the dessert recipes in these kinds of cookbooks are not OK while just starting out on the Cycle Diet.

Rachelle, you are not yet a client so you don't know, I do not ever suggest someone go on a gluten free diet without testing first. Nor do I work with women on the GF Cycle Diet without testing first. Did you by chance get tested for Celiac disease before you went gluten free? Or did you order the stool test from www.enterolab.com  for gluten, dairy or soy? It's very important to get the right testing done prior to going on the gf diet. If not you need to  get to your doctor right away.  Be warned......once you remove gluten from your diet it's very difficult to get a conclusive diagnosis which may cause many frustrations for you and your family in the future.

If you have a family history of Celiac disease (or gluten sensitivity) it's very important you be monitored by your doctor for any complication connected to the autoimmune disease as well.  The gluten-free diet and dairy-free diet is not an easy diet with many pit falls if you don't have skilled medical practitioners helping you. Understand the gluten-free diet is life long commitment and an absolute must for those with an immune response to gluten. Unfortunately not the kind of help you are going to find in a health food store.

cook book suggestion 14 Apr 2009 14:06 #2998

• Rachelle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I've now had an opportunity to take a quick peek at this book Allergy Cooking with Ease by Nicollet Dumke on Amazon....

1) This book IS NOT RECOMMENDED for anyone with a Casein (dairy protein) or gluten intolerance or IgE allergy to either wheat or milk protein. The first page is dedicated to a Spelt producer, flour manufacture. As anyone who is intolerant to gluten understands SPELT IS WHEAT and contains gluten.

2) Goats milk still contains a casein protein (all be it a bit smaller protein), but may be tolerated by someone with just a lactose intolerance. 

3) Since I was unable to actually see any of the recipes for ingredients I had to depend on comments and reviews of the book...many comments of those who purchased this book were negative...see this link to Amazon book reviews ...

Sorry, I do not recommend this book for anyone following the gluten-free Cycle Diet.

cook book suggestion 14 Apr 2009 20:17 #2999

• Rachelle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Debra,

Just now getting caught up on emails.  I am sorry for leading you to believe I was going for gluten free.  I personally am not...the cook book has a recepie for a gluten free desert I made and that is where my comment came from.  I have not been tested for anything yet.  I have picked up this diet for help with my PMS and realized I ate this way when pregnant and lost 30lbs. 

I did not mean to cause a problem...if you want to delete the thread you will not hurt my feelings.  Sorry for causing a problem...my mistake.

Rachelle

cook book suggestion 14 Apr 2009 21:04 #3000

• Rachelle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Rachelle,

No problem....I am going to leave this thread up so others can see how complicated food sensitivities and allergies are. Allergies and food intolerances are not the same thing. I also want to reiterate how important it is to go through the process of Celiac and/or gluten sensitivity testing before removing it from your diet.

The diet can be difficult to follow without proper instruction and support. It takes a good 6-12 months of being on the diet to feel comfortable.

Glad to hear you haven't yet removed gluten entirely. Please get tested first.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds