Forgot Password       
×

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
What is Gluten and Dairy Intolerance? What is the difference between an allergy and intolerance/sensitivity. Latest medical research. Open to the public.
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Celiac Awareness Campaign

Celiac Awareness Campaign 07 Mar 2007 15:53 #519

  • Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Posts: 2416
  • Karma: 3
  • Thank you received: 129
Only 3% of those with Gluten Intolerance have been diagnosed correctly, that leaves 97% undiagnosed which is why Celiacs and gluten intolerance awareness is so important.  

The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness Campaign website:

http://www.celiaccentral.org/

Celiac Awareness Campaign 09 Mar 2007 17:52 #520

  • Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Posts: 2416
  • Karma: 3
  • Thank you received: 129
I just received this e-mail from the Gluten Free Goddess:

A Special Announcement::

Our own [fabulous!] Alice Bast, of the NFCA, will be featured on The View! Spread the word...

On Wednesday March 14th, "The View," a national daytime talk show on ABC-TV with hosts Rosie O'Donnell, Barbara Walters, Joy Behar and Elisabeth Hasselbeck, will air a segment on celiac disease. Dr. Peter Green of the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University and Alice Bast, executive director of the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness will be guests for the segment.

"The View," recipient of the 2003 Daytime Emmy® Award for "Outstanding Talk Show," is ABC Daytime's morning chatfest, featuring a team of dynamic women of different ages, experiences and backgrounds discussing the most exciting events of the day. The program has received critical acclaim since premiering August 11, 1997. It's broadcast live Monday through Friday from NYC (11:00 a.m.-12:00 noon, ET; CLOSED-CAPTIONED; broadcast in stereo; TV-14). Check your local listing for times.

This is a fantastic opportunity to spread the word on celiac disease, and its [often puzzling, often devastating] far-reaching effects.

Please pass this on!

Have a great weekend!

Karina
  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds