Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
What is Gluten and Dairy Intolerance? What is the difference between an allergy and intolerance/sensitivity. Latest medical research. Open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Today's Dietitian June 2009 - Understanding CD

Today's Dietitian June 2009 - Understanding CD 17 Jun 2009 23:30 #608

• aklap
  • aklap's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
June 2009 Issue

Understanding Celiac Disease
By John Libonati and Cleo Libonati, RN, BSN
Today’s Dietitian
Vol. 11 No. 6 P. 50

Suggested CDR Learning Codes: 5110, 5120, 5210, 5220, 5290; Level 2

www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/060109p50.shtml

Celiac disease is a debilitating autoimmune disorder that affects an estimated 1% of the world’s population, including more than 3 million Americans. Only a small percentage of these people are currently diagnosed, but recent improvements in testing methods and greater public and professional awareness are expected to increase diagnoses by tenfold during the next few years.1 Because treatment is dietary, dietitians can expect to see a substantial increase in clients with celiac disease. This article will help dietitians identify the symptoms of nutrient deficiencies associated with celiac disease and provide guidance to meet their clients’ nutritional needs.

I haven't had a chance to read thru it all yet, but it looks like a very extensive article!

Today's Dietitian June 2009 - Understanding CD 18 Jun 2009 12:13 #609

• aklap
  • aklap's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks again Al,

Today's Dietitian Magazine...not just for dietitians anymore ;)

I subscribe to Today's Dietitian and saw this article, I'm seeing many more great Celiac and non-Celiac gluten intolerance articles these days and not just in TD. This article is written for dietitians but those with a gluten sensitivity should glean some great knowledge from it.

Iowa State University Extention is actually offering a 2 day gluten-free cooking and baking CPE class next week. I'm still waiting for more information.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds