Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
What is Gluten and Dairy Intolerance? What is the difference between an allergy and intolerance/sensitivity. Latest medical research. Open to the public.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Practical Gastro - Oct. 2009 - CD & Reproductive Health

Practical Gastro - Oct. 2009 - CD & Reproductive Health 12 Jan 2010 03:27 #615

• aklap
  • aklap's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I thought this might be of interest...

www.practicalgastro.com/pdf/October09/BastArticle.pdf

Celiac Disease and Reproductive Health
by Alice Bast, Tom O’Bryan, Elizabeth Bast

Despite re-classification of celiac disease as a rare disease of childhood to a common disease affecting men, women and children at any age, most of the three million estimated sufferers remain undiagnosed. Proper education concerning the various symptoms and manifestations of the disease is necessary to increase prompt and accurate diagnosis.

Celiac disease’s potentially negative effect on reproductive health is among the most pressing matters associated with advancing awareness. Men and women with unexplained infertility, women with recurrent abortions, intrauterine growth retardation, low birth weight babies and menstrual disorders are rarely screened for celiac disease despite scientific studies that indicate a correlation. In the following article, we will examine the evidence for these occurrences in a literature review, examine potential theories about their cause, and discuss the need for additional research and the addition of a celiac testing to the differential diagnosis in women with reproductive health problems.

Practical Gastro - Oct. 2009 - CD & Reproductive Health 12 Jan 2010 13:31 #616

• aklap
  • aklap's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you Al,

That is a great article. I wish they would have mentioned a little more about pre-celiac or non-celiac gluten sensitivity...but one thing at a time I guess. Thankfully they acknowledged silent and latent celiac without villi atrophy. Also interesting that you have a Chiropractor working along side a MD intern from Harvard on an article published in one of the more conservative medical jourals :D
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds