Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Jennifer's Story

Jennifer's Story 12 Sep 2005 16:57 #2343

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
From the Cycle Diet website

[b:bca9cee776]Jennifer's Story[/b:bca9cee776]

Jennifer a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls was referred to me through a friend. She had been suffering from severe PMS since the birth of her last daughter who was now 6 years old. She hadn't lost the 35 pounds she gained with the last birth, but felt she was physically active enough, which was her main salvation when it came to "that time of the month". She suffered from painful cramps, bloating and uncontrollable carbohydrate cravings the week or so before her period. On many occasions she felt out of control emotionally, which seemed to taking a toll not only on her marriage, but on her daughters too. The week prior to her period she would politely make excuses to any invitation for outings with her husband, friends or to her daughters school activities. Jennifer became depressed with self doubt but knew in a week or so after her period started she'd be back to normal again. Her diet boiled down to off and on crash diets due to her carbohydrate binging during the week prior to her period. She also tried 2 weeks on the Atkins diet and became so depressed she ate an entire package of cookies and half a bag of potatoes chips before she felt satisfied. Afterwards she felt so guilty, not only did she gain the five pounds she lost but her self esteem hit bottom.

Jennifer was referred though a friend who knew I was a dietitian specializing in women's health. She thought I could help her re-learn how to eat right and gain control over her carbohydrate cravings. Jennifer had no trouble staying on the diet plan because she was able to feed her girls and husband many of the same foods she was making for herself.

After one month of keeping track of her symptoms and mood, she noticed little by little her symptoms weren't quite so strong. Her cravings didn't seem quite so strong either and she seemed pleasantly surprised. Jennifer noticed her cramps were very mild as well, and for the first time in many years she wasn't all that depressed. By the second month her anxiety level was almost nonexistent and she had lost 8 pounds. Jennifer felt so great that she decided to volunteer to host a party for her oldest daughter's soccer team in the week prior to her period. Not only did she have a great time, but she was completely free of any PMS symptoms. Jennifer continues to watch what she eats and exercises daily by taking short walks around her neighborhood and bicycling with her girls. She lets me know how grateful she is that she was referred to me and my diet plan whenever we run into each other.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds