Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: It's happening again!!!!!!

It's happening again!!!!!! 11 Oct 2005 18:45 #2353

• Karey
  • Karey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm in the middle of my PMS week and once again I'm symptom free!! I still have a hard time believing it ,as does my husband, but he is very, VERY happy that I'm sticking to my diet (actually I don't like to call it a "diet" (although it certainly can be), but I prefer to call it a lifestyle change). It has changed my life dramatically. I never would have thought happiness, joy or sex to be part of my PMS week, but I have been enjoying all three.

It is definitely worth the sacrifice of my once favorite foods. I actually enjoy the feeling of control I have in choosing my foods because I now know why I should or shouldn't eat them. I also understand the look on women's faces when I tell them about my new found understanding, because I too used to be one of those who thought people that ate organically and avoided preservatives etc., were fanatical in their approach to eating. My husband (who is a complete junk-food junkie) is even saying there must be some truth in all this, because he has seen the before and now sees the after.

I feel in control of my life now. Thank you Debra for your desire to help women understand how their bodies function and for your patience as you daily answer all our endless questions. Thank you, Thank you, THANKYOU!!!

It's happening again!!!!!! 11 Oct 2005 20:06 #2354

• Karey
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Karey,

You are so welcome, you just made my day, again! You are absolutely right, it's not really a "diet" after a while, it is indeed a lifestyle change-- I use the word "diet" because of the association diet has with making nutritional changes.

As a former sufferer myself, I don't quite understand why more physicians don't advocate for more nutrition therapy. Writing a prescription for bc pills and antidepressents seem easier I guess.

Now, with the help of your posts and others, more women will learn the first line recommendations should certainly be nutrition and lifestyle changes.

Kiss your husband for me too for printing off the information to my website and keep up the good work! It was such a pleasure to work with you.

It's happening again!!!!!! 12 Oct 2005 18:52 #2352

• Karey
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Karey - your words are inspiring. I'm just in my 1st month of this "lifestyle change", and I'm anticipating a marked improvement. As long as I can get myself a little more disciplined, I should be OK - I look forward to the same "benefits" you and your DH are experiencing! Thanks for posting your success.

It's happening again!!!!!! 13 Oct 2005 13:18 #2355

• Karey
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
:D Congratulations! Do you find it difficult to stick to the diet? My life is so hectic as I have two kids and three jobs.

It's happening again!!!!!! 13 Oct 2005 17:14 #2356

• Karey
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
3 JOBS!!! Well, you might find it a little challenging, but with a little preparation and thought - you should be fine. Deb taught me that it's so important to eat breakfast, and the snacks - even if it's just a quick apple in the car or something. It gets easier, the more you do it. I have no problems at all with lunch and dinner - I'm really starting to enjoy having lighter meals. So plan ahead when you go shopping, and I'm sure you'll do great!

It's happening again!!!!!! 24 Apr 2006 01:32 #2357

• Karey
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
:D :D :D
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds