Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: This month was much better than last....

This month was much better than last.... 27 Nov 2005 21:06 #2362

• Erinleigh
  • Erinleigh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I would say my only complaint was the extreme fatigue. And yesterday (the day before my period) I was a bit emotional. But I have a lot going on.

I had my BP taken at the gym by a RN and it was low, as usual. I'm wondering if that could be the cause of my fatigue. My BP was 92/56 - which is normal. It has been as low as 72/42 - while standing. When I'm stressed it seems to go lower.
I still haven't heard back from my DR regarding my blood work.

I have made some changes in my diet. I have switched to organic dairy and meats (as much as possible). My Omega 3 intake is up to about 2gms a day. Taking my daily multi and extra B-complex. Also taking more calcium w/ D. Cut down on caffeine, and alcohol.

I am TRYING to exercise more, but when I am so tired, it is nearly impossible. It's all I can do to do the things I HAVE to do. But it's only during the PMS time.

I'm almost hoping they find something w/ my blood work so I can fix this awful fatigue.

Thank you for this website and all the support!

This month was much better than last.... 27 Nov 2005 21:15 #2363

• Erinleigh
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Erin,

Good Work! You are making the most important adjustments. Low bp is also a symptom of low thyroid, this would make sense that your thyroid would be repressed as estrogen levels increase during the luteal phase. Estrogen and progesteron fall the day before your period allowing your thyroid to increase again. If your thyroid comes back normal it could be because the bloodwork was drawn during the follicular phase. This is very interesting.

I'm so glad you're having some success with the diet. Hang in there and keep up the good work.

Did they also check your vitamin D levels? Just wondering.

Thanks for keep me informed as to how you're doing. Let me know if you find anything out about your bloodwork.

This month was much better than last.... 27 Nov 2005 22:08 #2364

• Erinleigh
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I don't believe they checked my Vit D levels. And if I have it figured right, the blood tests were done during the Follicular Phase.

I'm going to call to get another appt. Monday since I can't get someone to call me back w/ my blood test results. I'm going to bring up what you just told me and see if the test was normal if they can test it again during the Luteal Phase.

ETA- I also have a constant low body temp - 97.0-97.4. I am ALWAYS cold, and I am not underweight (I'm 5'6" and 147 (I have gained 20 lbs in 2 years). I have brought this to DR's attention. They keep telling me it's stress and try to Rx me a anti-depressant.

This month was much better than last.... 27 Nov 2005 22:33 #2365

• Erinleigh
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Erin,

Just a little advice, don't mention the difference to the nurse or doctor about which phase you are in until you get the results back. Many doctors don't believe that hormone fluctuations can make a difference and may fight you on it. Instead just suggest that your body temp and bp changes when you're close to your period and try to get another appointment when you're just a day away from your P. Let them tell you about whether or not hormones are making the difference. (this would be a very good indication of their knowlege about PMDD/PMS or thyroid)

If you were seeing an endocrinologist, I would suggest you mention it. An endocrinologist would have a better understanding of fluctuating hormones.

Good luck, keep me posted.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds