Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: One Month down

One Month down 02 Dec 2005 23:43 #2369

• ChantalLenee
  • ChantalLenee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Well, I have been reading all the posts about how good the diet is working for them and I must confess [b:9610900879]I am happy for all of you! [/b:9610900879]:D :D :D My pms was a lot less this month. No sucididal depression and no extreme moods! Husband pleased - children happy. Mommy apprehensive. Is it a fluke or the Fluexotine?
I had some difficulty staying on the diet and remaining focused on my workbook. :oops: I've always had difficulty staying focused. A little ditzy, I guess. Journaling never my thing.
It was an especially hectic month (I quit one of my three jobs because it was just too much!) In addition to the diet I am restructuring my life.
The diet wasn't always easy to stick to because I am on the road a few days every month and thought I packed a lunch the one day the other four days I just didn't get to it. Hopefully, I can get more organized.
I practically eliminated dairy from my diet (though I am planning to do better this month) and had no alcohol at all. I will probably refrain this coming cycle and then maybe add it gradually and limitedly.
I did have a few days of voices of self-deprication but I was able to quiet them.
Exercise is a real problem. It's so cold!!!!!!!! I hate the cold but know I need to do it. I have had pneumonia and/or bronchitis for eight winters in a row and so I am a little outdoors shy. If anyone can come up with a way to motivate ones self let me know!!
Beans don't sit too well even with bean-o. Any ideas there?
So much to say ... I will start diet all over this month.
BTW. No period in August. /22 hr. period in Sept./ 4 day period beginning of Oct./5 day period end of October and 2 day period 34 days later. Could it be perimemopause? :?
Taking flaxseed and calcium faithfully also. Wheat flour is a problem and eating healthy can be expensive. Any tips on cutting cost?
Chantal

One Month down 03 Dec 2005 00:13 #2370

• ChantalLenee
  • ChantalLenee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
[b:b05eaaf1bb]Congratulations Chantal,[/b:b05eaaf1bb]

I'm so glad to hear from you and to hear things have improved, even if it's not completely 100% improvement yet. Keep up with the good work and remember the closer you can get to the recommendations on the diet, I promise you the better you will feel.

[quote:b05eaaf1bb="ChantalLenee"][/b]:D :D :D My PMS was a lot less this month. No suicidal depression and no extreme moods! Husband pleased - children happy. Mommy apprehensive. Is it a fluke or the Fluoxetine? Could it be perimenopause? :?
Any tips on cutting cost?
[/quote:b05eaaf1bb]

Could it be a fluke (NO) could it be the Fluexitine?, as long as you're feeling better with the Fluexitine, why not continue for a while until you're really doing a lot better. An improved diet will in fact help SSRI's work better. You still have to supply your body with the vitamins and minerals the enzymes need to produce serotonin for it to re-uptake. e

Regarding the length of you period? Yes it's probably perimenopause. Take a quick look at the Perimenopause board for more info and link.

Cutting Costs? Good foods do tend to cost more, but you can cook many great dishes in quantity and freeze. Do you belong to a Costco or Sam's Club? Tell me what specifically you're finding cost more, it's usually better to go with seasonal vegetables and produce. I've added a few recipes for those kinds of produce like pumpkin, squash, carrots. Oranges are in season (but price affected from weather this year) apples are also in season. I'll add more low cost recipes.

sorry about all the gas, this is definitely one of those unfortunate side affects with a healthier diet. Keep up with the beano, it takes a while to get your colon used to processing it more efficiently.

Exercise this time of year is tough, can you walk in a mall somewhere?
Have you ever considered a treadmill? (I bet you can buy a used one real cheap)
Anyway, I hope that helps a little.

Thanks for the update and keep at it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds