Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: A Successful Month

A Successful Month 19 Dec 2005 11:05 #2371

• jan
  • jan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi just thought I would post and say that this month due to making some changes and taking a Vit C/A/D supplement (take this as it contains Vit A as I suffer from dry eyes) and peppermint oil which I found gave me a lift and helped with the headaches I had much less severe pmt before the period. There was only one day that I would say I had real bad mood swings and that was the day before the period started (I was about 3 days late this month). So all in all was pleased with that.

I also added calcium fortified yoghurt to my diet that also contains Vit D and B vitamins and a handful of either nuts or seeds. I know though that I could still do with taking a bigger dose of the calcium and Vit D in supplement form but am working on that one. With me it has to be step by step and little by little.
My period has also been very much lighter this month although the cramps for some reason were much worse but I can cope with the cramps.
I do feel that there is still room for improvement as far as the diet and food goes - although I do eat healthy with fresh veg and fruit - I feel I could still improve it further.
And I have found that sugar certainly increases palpitations! Cranberry juice is very good for reducing these and helping with feelings of anxiousness (you can buy sugar reduced and I do half cranberry and half water).

So thought I would just post and let everyone know - it doesn't have to be massive changes to see a difference even small ones like me taking it step by step have made some difference this month.

A Successful Month 19 Dec 2005 13:31 #2372

• jan
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Jan,

I'm so happy you've seen improvements with just a few changes at a time. You're doing so well, keep it up. It's true some women prefer to make small changes in the beginning for long-term permanent changes. It takes a good 6 weeks to instate an new healthy habit.

Thanks for posting your success, keep us informed to your progress over the next month.

A Successful Month 19 Dec 2005 15:42 #2373

• jan
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I think with me because I am so sensitive to everything it is best to take it gradually and step by step but it is still amazing that even small changes can make a difference. And also it seems in the duration of the period.
Just now need a further push to go the extra mile and make some more changes in the diet!
Will keep you posted for the next one though. But it is a great site for support and even for me just reading about other peoples sufferings has been a help and I have picked up so many helpful tips.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds